Admin & HR Officer
Danish Refugee Council, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
DRC have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated programme of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. As a key part of this, DRC are opening up a main office in Cox’s Bazar (and a support cell in Dhaka), for which we need a qualified admin/HR officer to oversee the day to day HR/admin aspects, under the supervision of the HR Specialist and Team Leader. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Updating and maintaining DRCs National HR policy;
- HR management including drawing up contracts, ensuring compliance with labour law;
- Support recruitment to ensure HR gaps are filled in a timely fashion (Advertisement of positions, reference checks, sends offers, and all related recruitment tasks);
- Oversee HR Assistant to follow up and track national staff time-sheets, leave and vacations; Ensuring data of newly recruited staff is properly recorded on both the staff list and HR software, Personnel information
- Support to administrative functions including premises contracts, international staff visas, FD7 submissions etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant university degree; HR, administration etc.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, 5 years work experience;
- Ideally (I)NGO experience
- Fluency in English and Bengali
- Good computer skills
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.