The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Country office Administration Team Leader will provide technical support and direction Administration function for Bangladesh country operations. Will ensure the policies and standards are applied consistently in all the country offices. The position will work in close cooperation with the HR Manager and HR Coordinator for DRC Bangladesh.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Develops and administers various administrative plans and procedures.
- Perform and supervise general office activities. Assist Area Managers and Admin staffs in ensuring administrative compliance with DRC and donor requirements in the country offices.
- Maintain and safeguard DRC records. Develop and manage a logical file system for DRC’s contracts, with a database containing the essential information for DRC service providers and consultants towards an effective internal management and administration.
- Act as the liaison with local institutions, authorities and ministries in all matters related to administration and relevant to DRC operations in the country.
- Responsible for proper functioning of all offices and residences, and equipment and ensure that insurance for the premises and equipment is updated at all times.
- Manage the preparation, analysis, negotiation, review and timely renewal of rental agreements and service contracts e.g. security provision, office consumables and supplies, fumigation in the Country and Area Management offices.
- Responsible for management of an effective central mailing system in all Country Offices
- Supervise preparation and updating of briefing packages, work spaces and accessories handouts for new staff in coordination with human resources, logistics and finance departments. These include but not limited to desks, computers, internet kits, mobile & sat phones, business & ID cards, stationery and uniforms.
- Coordinate and liaise with DRC lawyers, agents and respective authorities on legal issues related to contractors, consultants and advise programme and sector managers on sound admin management and local laws and their execution modalities.
- Ensures that all travelers to/within Bangladesh are assisted with visas and travel arrangements.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least years of related work experience in Administration in a very busy INGO environment.
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and office management.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven management Skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Country Administration Team Leader job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, and or any relevant subject.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Can speak Chittagonian and Bangla
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.