Admin Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Damascus, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the technical administration assistant is to assist in the day to day implementation of technical maintenance of NRC premises.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the technical maintenance of all NRC premises (electricity, heating, A/C, plumbing, sewage, repairs and upgrades in buildings).
- Ensure continuous and safe power supply to NRC premises through the monitoring of city power, generator power and battery back-up power, troubleshooting, maintenance.
- Ensure availability of fluids such as water, gas and fuel for generators and heaters.
- Manage a monthly petty cash box for maintenance works.
- Provide kitchen supplies to cleaners on a weekly basis, in liaison with warehouse section.
- Submit monthly reports on the consumption of kitchen supplies, fuel and electricity bills.
- Manage keys of all premises and keep updated key holders’ forms.
- Support the setup and preparation of meetings rooms in liaison with the administration officer.
- 1 - 2 years of experience from working as a technical administration assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Skills in general maintenance of buildings (plumbing, electricity, heating, A/C
- Skills in the maintenance of generators and battery backup
- Some knowledge of MS Office is an advantage (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect