Admin Technical Assistant
NRC, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Libya Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years and further growth is expected in the months to come. With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis.
- The purpose of the Admin Technical Assistant position is to provide general administration support to ensure the smooth functioning of NRC Middle East Regional Office in accordance with NRC’s Admin, finance and logistics policies and procedures.
- Specific responsibilities related to this position include:
- Support the administration team leader in arranging for MERO requested administration tasks.
- Maintaining the office equipment and stationary, scheduling repairs through logistics department whenever necessary.
- Liaise with MERO cleaners in monitoring the shortages of guest houses and request for purchasing.
- Support Administration Team Leader in reviewing and handing over all applications in MoI, Jordanian custom department and other Jordanian authorities.
- Support the line manager for the processing of work permits, visas and other related permits.
- Assist in arranging for staff and visitors’ visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations.
- Follow up on NRC MERO and guest houses/apartments to ensure utility services including but not limited to electricity, water, fuel and gas are running.
- Responsible on MERO key custody tracker.
- Support in delivering NRC MERO external mail and domestic deliveries.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the manager.
- Arrange internal meetings and events, including the venue.
- Provide assistance with local procurement, in accordance with NRC procurement procedures and thresholds, including obtaining quotations, handling cash purchases under 350 JOD, and receiving deliveries to the office
- Any other general administrative and logistics assistance as directed by line management.