Background Information - Job-specific
Within the framework of its activities in the Argentine Republic, UNOPS forms work teams to support its associates in the design and execution of various projects that require the assistance of an Administrative Assistant given the intervention needs in areas of vulnerability and the projection of the policies applied in the territory of the Nation.
The program "Improvement of MCH Habitability Conditions" under the Ministry of Interior, Public Works and Housing of the Argentine Republic, has as its main objective to contribute to the reduction of the qualitative and quantitative housing deficit in all areas of the Argentine Republic, to through:
- Social housing improvements to reduce the qualitative deficit in specific areas;
- Construction of new social housing for the reduction of the quantitative deficit;
- Territorial intervention of evaluation and execution;
- Institutional strengthening of the Ministry of Interior, Public Works and Housing, as well as the other entities associated with the execution of this program.
The Program is implemented with the assistance and cooperation of the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). Within this framework, and in response to the multiple and diverse housing and habitat programs carried out by the national government, the need to hire an Administrative Assistant to carry out consulting tasks in relation to the administrative procedures of the documentation inside the program.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, Operations Manager or Administrative Associate, the Administrative Assistant provides support to office operations that perform a variety of standard administrative processes that guarantee high quality and precision of work. The Administrative Assistant can make routine decisions about administrative processes based on clearly established guidelines. In carrying out their work, the Administrative Assistant promotes a client approach, quality and results-oriented.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with Operations, Programs and Projects staff in the Regional Office. Operations or Project Center, as well as with the staff of other United Nations agencies to exchange information and ensure the constant provision of services.
Summary of key functions:
- Support for the effective and efficient operation of the office / department / unit
- Support to administrative and logistic services
- Support regarding protocol problems and official documentation requests
- Support for office maintenance and asset management
- Support for knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures the effective and efficient operation of the office / department / unit, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, organization of appointments and meetings, acting as interpreter when necessary and / or taking minutes.
- Collection and preparation of information and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Maintenance of hard copies and electronic files, reference materials and confidential records as necessary
- Collaboration in the preparation of the administrative budget plan for the office
- Review and monitor expenses against the administrative budget of the office, drawing to the attention of the supervisor any problem or discrepancy that merits an additional review.
- Small cash management
- Travel authorization preparation for staff
- Translation of simple correspondences, when necessary.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received / sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Performance of a Buyer role in OneUNOPS and preparation of purchase orders for travel activities, payments, contracts.
- Support for the organization of purchasing processes including the preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotes, offers or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. PO preparation.
- Arrangements for travel and hotel reservations, preparation of authorizations, visa processing applications, identity documents and other documents.
- Administrative support for conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support for the organization of common services.
- Provision of vehicle transport, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Verification and registration of daily vehicle registration and gas consumption, updating and maintenance of the vehicle history report.
- Custodian for the management of office stationery supplies, including the maintenance of the stationery stock list, the distribution of stationery as required by the staff and the maintenance of a distribution record.
- File system maintenance that guarantees the custody of confidential materials.
- Data extraction from various sources.
- Research and recovery of statistical data from internal and external sources; Preparation of statistical graphs, tables and reports.
- Follow-up of the deadlines, the assumed commitments, the actions carried out and the coordination of the collection and presentation of the reports to the head of the unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of the budget, provision of information for the audit.
Provides support regarding protocol problems and official documentation requests, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Timely delivery of official protocol certificates; arrangements with the UN departments for all issues related to official documentation that will be provided to international staff, such as visa requirements, work permit, safety, health, etc.
- Arrangements with UN departments to provide official documentation for import / export or transfer of goods
- Establishment and maintenance of an efficient working relationship with government ministries.
- Provide accurate and complete information to staff on the supporting documents necessary for staff and their dependents, and the import / export or transfer of goods; updated list of required documents made available to each member / unit of staff
- Individual monitoring sheet to track the status of the documentation submitted for each staff member and their dependents, ensuring that the official documentation matches the announced calendar
- Accurate information provided to individuals / units upon request on the required administrative steps and the status of their project file.
- Accurate and timely information on pending processes and issues for interested persons / units
Provides support for office maintenance and asset management, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Maintenance of asset management records, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Providing support for the maintenance of common premises and common services
Provides support for knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Participation in training for program staff, operations and projects in administration
- Strong contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and customer-oriented approach improve UNOPS 'ability as an efficient and first-class service provider and its contribution to the country's development.
Education / Experience / Language requirements
- Full secondary studies are required.
- Bachelor level training in the area of administration or disciplines relevant to the position is a desirable requirement and allows replacing some years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in administration or program support service is required.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Office) is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing web-based management systems is considered a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- English language knowledge will be valued