Responsible for the managing and running day to day administrative function / management and project activities of the Society - Serving People In Need ensuring that the project work contributes effectively and efficiently towards meeting the short, medium and long term needs of the beneficiary community, within the framework of the organization’s objectives.
Project - Ashray Deaf Resource Center
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities of the project are monitored and evaluated in a timely manner and to ensure that they are appropriate, necessary, cost effective, targeted, sustainable and in keeping with SPIN’s philosophy.
- Managing the planning and implementation of ADRC`s development programs.
- Monitoring the progress, effectiveness, impact and direction of the programs and projects, ensuring that management issues are brought to the attention of the Executive Secretary in a timely and responsible manner.
As Administrative Officer will be responsible for the health and welfare of the team of staff who are empowered to use all available resources to promote their development in line with SPIN policy:
- Ensure that the policies and guidelines as laid down in the SPIN Personnel Manual are adhered to by all.
- The Administrative Officer has overall responsibility for the preparation and implementation of personnel policies in line with overall SPIN and relevant Act and Government policies.
- The Administrative Officer must ensure that there are procedures in place to support and encourage appropriate personal and professional development of staff within the context of the organisation objectives of ADRC.
- Ensure clear lines of communication and accountability within the team structures.
- Provide support and supervision for staff to ensure that morale and professionalism remains high and to engender a team spirit amongst all staff involved in the ADRC Project.
Financial Accountability and Management
The Administrative Officer has ultimate responsibility for all financial matters in ADRC project to
- Ensure adherence to the financial guidelines of SPIN reporting to the Executive Secretary.
- Will be responsible for day to day accounting and office activities.
- Ensure that comprehensive and timely reports are produced in accordance with schedules and provide the annual budget and financial plan for the year ahead.
- Check monthly and annual financial statements for accuracy and ensuring that financial reports are submitted as required.
- Maintain close supervision of expenditure, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Authorising expenditure within the approved budget.
- Liaising with local organizations, relevant Govt Depts, other NGOs, as appropriate, in order to responsibly coordinate programs and implement consistent operational practices.
- Developing and strengthening relations with other agencies and relevant partners, ensuring regular communications, cooperation and practical support required.
Job Summary Statement:
Oversee the operational planning, establishment, execution and evaluation of the projects of SPIN. Oversee the finance, operational, administrative and human resources management of the Centre. Serves as principal point of representation with external constituencies on operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership for the ADRC staff.
- Supervise the management of the ADRC
- Supervise the process of hiring teaching and service staff.
- Oversees the supervision of all personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve good productivity and performance.
- Designs and develops or assists with design and development of program(s) or project(s).
- Manages contract, grant, and/or state funding; approves and monitors budget expenditures; prepares budget revisions; provides interim status reports on all accounts; assists with proposal writing to develop additional funding.
- Supervise the development and implementation of systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Oversees and/or coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; develops, writes, and presents comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports.
- Develops and supervise the implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation of the program/project.
- Supervise purchase of Deaf instructional materials and teaching aids, such as books, toys, and games designed to stimulate learning. Confers with parents regarding facility activities, policies, and enrolment procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.