The Job holders will report directly to the Officer In-Charge of WFP Bhutan.
At this level, as Head of Unit, job holders have independent responsibility for technical and specialized work including planning, organization and coordination and setting objectives. Job holder will deal with issues that are often undefined and invlove areas of uncertainity and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of responsibility and initiatve to respond independently to queries. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. They are expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responible for specialized support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support planning and coordinate the delivery of finance, budget and administration support services, and supervise and provide guidance to a team of staff ensuring transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations on follow-\up actions, to support setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement or replenishment of funds in line with WFP rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and oversee the recording of financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
- Monitor, control and analyze general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Prepare and analyze financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Officer In-Charge or other staff, to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff and, support their learning and development in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-Imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Remain on stand-by at all times and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on job and in the field.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team work.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit's responsibilities will serve WFP's mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress towards goals.and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor,
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores wasys to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays.
- Be Decisive:Indepentently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP's team and external partners in fulfulling teams goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities, with supervisor's priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Internal Controls & Compliance: Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting: Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
Resource Management: Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles: Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: Applies working knowledge of WFP programme and supply chain principles to develop and/or review project budget plans.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English (Level C) and Dzongkha.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Relevant years of progressively responsible support experience, preferable 6 or more years, in a finance, administration or other related field.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of any ERP in Finance Module is highly desirable
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS
- Coordinate, monitor and process administrative actions related to procurement, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors, to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Support management of WFP resources in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), monitor requirements and contribute to the estimation of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services
- Supervise the management of the office inventory system and the Global Equipment Management System (GEMS).
- Represent WFP in any operations related inter-agency common activities.
- Supervise drivers and other operation staff
EXPERIENCES KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Experience: Relevant years of progressively responsible support experience, preferable 6 or more years, in a finance or other related fields
Knowledge & Skill: Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Knowledge of any ERP in Finance Module is highly desirable