UNDP Bangladesh is supporting the Government to find innovative solutions to its development challenges based on the Country Programme Document approved by the Executive Board annual delivery target of $50 million. UNDP Bangladesh is organized into
- Policy and Programmes and
- Operations Team.
The Policy and Programmes Team consists of the following portfolio:
- Democratic Governance,
- Resilience & Inclusive Growth
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall direction and supervision of Portfolio Manager, Finance and Admin Officer provides services DG cluster projects (around 12 projects now) to ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work under UNDP guidance. The Finance Admin Officer promote a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Cluster Duties and Responsibilities. The Finance and Admin Officer will provide day-to-day quality assurance support for all projects of DG cluster in terms of admin & financial support to run the project very smoothly.
Key Functions of the Administration and Finance Officer are:
- Support to Project Planning and Management
- Support to Project Implementation of financial operational strategies and procedures
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Support to resource mobilization
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager, the Administration and Finance Officer has the following duties and responsibilities:
Ensure Planning and Management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Standardize the finance and accounting systems of the project as per financial and accounting procedures of UNDP
- Review budget revisions of the projects based on the PDRs and CDRs;
- Assist the project in preparation of the annual work plan, multiyear budget, budget revision, change log, procurement plan as well as ensuring the correctness of the budget and assist to uploading in the ATLAS system
- Provide Atlas Budgetary inputs in line with project approved AWPs and ready for KK’ed of Atlas Project Budget
- Review quarterly Fund Authorization and Certification of Expenditures (FACE), cashbook, bank reconciliation, itemized cost sheet, financial plan and ensure timely submission to UNDP;
- Assist the Project Team for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports to UNDP and/or the joint programme Administrative Agent;
- Review documents of NIM/NEX advance request and process for payment.
- Review of MCG’s financial report of PNGO’s
- Review the vouchers from projects under DGC and facilitate to approval process of the payment request.
Ensure implementation of financial operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports, implementation of the internal control framework and ensure that the finance and accounting records maintain compatibility with UNDP financial and accounting procedures and formats;
- Support to UNDP CO for business processes mapping and monitoring and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures maintained in the project in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Collection and consolidation of financial information for further analyses and reporting by the Project
- Comply and verify budget and accounting data by researching files, calculating costs, and estimating anticipated expenditures from readily available information sources.
- Assist to Prepare status report, progress reports, and other required financial reports as needed
- Review financial statements, expenditure as stated in the financial reports of partner organizations
- Monitor fund disbursement and adjustment of partner organizations
- Monitor project budget and ensure necessary GLJE through Atlas
- Assist in setting up internal control system and financial data as per GoB, UNDP and UNDG joint programming guidelines;
Ensure Accounting and Administration of budgets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist Project Management in settlements of DSA and other claims of staff and other service providers as per UNDP rules;
- Assist the Cluster Head for all kinds of financial and project management related activities including liaison with different government agencies/donor partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders, as directed;
- Assist project financial closure formalities including submission of terminal reports, transfer and disposal of equipment, processing of semi-final and final revisions, and support professional staff in preparing the terminal assessment reports;
- Assisting in preparation of notes for relevant approvals in English/Bengali.
- Advise and assist Project staff, experts and consultants on all respects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial and administrative matters
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for the Budgets, payments and any other financial process related documents, documenting the implementation of approved work-plan activities.
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates and participation in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash of the projects and ensure timely liquidation.
- Coordinate and arrange monitoring travel of Head of DGC.
- Assist the projects in process of bill voucher preparation, service request preparation (SRF), ATLAS steps in procurement process including, raise e -requisition, budget check etc.
- Assist to prepare payroll action and ensure timely submission to HR
- Assist to prepare periodic inventory report if required
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing projects performance under governance cluster
- Provide organizational and administrative support in implementation of project activities including organization of roundtables, workshops, trainings, working meetings and other events;
- In addition to general administration responsibilities and any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Impact of Results
- Analysis and execution of administrative service needs in support of specific business operations encompassing finance, procurement, human resource, travel, transport and supply will increase the success rate of the projects in delivering its services in a timely manner as per UNDP rules.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Identifies opportunities and challenges and recommends options
- Checks assumptions against facts
- Assumes responsibility for decisions and outcomes
- Shares information proactively, also when not required to do so
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, making transactions, reporting.
- Sound knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new financial systems.
- Ability to carry out qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Demonstrates behaviors such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships
- Recognizes potential road blocks to completing tasks and seeks guidance from supervisors to address issues.
- Based on formal and informal feedback received, takes action to address areas for growth and improvement
- Learns to relate constructive knowledge to others
- Represents self and work with appropriate professional standards
- Productive in challenging situations
- Demonstrates a desire to support colleagues by actively helping others
- Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations
- Demonstrates commitment to clients and quality
- Works to agreed goals dealing with challenges constructively
- Takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty
- Always acts in a compliant manner and uses resources responsibly
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management, or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years practical experience in UN-related projects, international development organization/reputed multinational and National organization/NGO’s will be prefarable.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and the UN/GoB accounting system—candidates familiar with UNDP administrative, program, and financial procedures preferred;
- Ability to use MS Office packages under the Windows XP Professional environment;
- Initiative, sound judgment, and capacity to work independently; and
- Knowledge in general administration, Procurement (PPR), taxation, CD/VAT and budgeting will be treated as an extra advantage.
- Knowledge on Atlas ERP will be treated as an advantage
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, manage contributions and investments, manage transactions, conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery: excellent project oversight functions, including audit, accurate and thorough risk assessment
Language Requirements: Fluency in both written and spoken English and Bangla.