The UNDP project signed with the Department of MSME, GoMP on 28th January 2016 Agreement on Building an institutional structure to provide marketing support and capacity building for Entrepreneurs under the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Udyami Yojana” from year 2016 to 31stMarch 2019. The project activities were developed and designed to give Training on General Management and Specific Sector issues. Support in resolving the Banking related issues. Support and guidance was also given to entrepreneurs with regards to release of subsidies and other entitlements under the scheme of MYUY. Keeping a close check on the claims of the subsidies from the Branch to the Nodal Banks was another major activity under the existing project.
The project aimed to provide relevant, context specific training and hand-holding support to entrepreneurs and build their capacities in relevant areas of entrepreneurship development and marketing. The support includes design and delivery of focused training module for the entrepreneurs, development and dissemination of in-depth analytical reports on key problems faced by the entrepreneurs and provide a state-wide platform for knowledge management and experience sharing for all the entrepreneurs in the state. The project aimed to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in the state with all the relevant stakeholders – bankers, government, technical agencies, training institutions and entrepreneurs working on a common platform leveraging their respective strengths.
MYUY project has evidently laid foundation for promotion of successful entrepreneurship in the state; the project has earned considerable appreciation and confidence of the budding entrepreneurs as well as those already engaged in the respective business. The inputs on latest regulations, policy changes, state and national development of various applicable Acts, etc. enable entrepreneurs to strengthen their business in a pragmatic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective of the upcoming Project
The project extension aims at applying the learning’s from the existing project. The activities successfully undertaken within the project tenure shall be replicated. The interventions which worked during the project like the Sector Specific Training, undertaking Techno Economic Evaluation and Handholding support provided to the beneficiaries will be implemented with more rigor.
Deliverables of the Project- The following deliverables is proposed to be adopted under the project:
- 48720 beneficiaries in 1624 Batches spread our 3 years trained in Orientation Workshop.
- 3840 beneficiaries in 116 batches within 3 spread our 3 years imparted technical inputs to manage their business better.
- About 69600 beneficiaries shall be counselled on the issue of- business opportunity options of availing credit from banks; and submitting proper loan application.
- The NPA rate for the loans taken under the schemes will be reduced by 1 percentage point by 31st March, 2021, over than that observed as on 31st March 2019.
- Approximately 69600 loan applications of beneficiaries scrutinized for facilitating DTICs and Banks to lake expeditious/decisions.
- 69600 beneficiaries provided extensive handholding support on the various issues of submission of loan applications; credit appraisal; sanction; disbursement; recovery and access to entitlements.
- Comprehensive database of about 69600 beneficiaries created for extensive research, analysis, feedback, and corrective measures.
- Experience across the country captured to set agenda for roll out of the Project in more pragmatic manner.
- 6 Review Meetings with Banks undertaken for effective follow-up and addressing the bottlenecks, if any.
- Documentation of 300 Success stories, and 3 Profile Booklets prepared and disseminated to the department and other stakeholders for further.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Summary of Key Functions: The Administration Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the SPC, MYUY.
- The Administration Assistant will primarily be responsible to work closely in coordination with the PMU and field staff to ensure timely dissemination of SOPs. The Administration Assistant will be exclusively responsible to timely disseminate the activities of general office administration and generating related reports.
- S/he will undertake any other task assigned by State Head, UNDP, MP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Hiring of services and other Procurement related issues.
- To collect relevant data/information from ATLAS
- Assist in efficient preparation of contracts,
- Serve as a single point of contact for various vendors
- Follow up, receive, scrutinize and recommend for all kinds of bills.
- Process and recommend timely release of salary as per laid norms.
- Liaison with CO on various issues of bill settlement, procurement, fund management, etc.
- Maintain office documentations/ files.
- Coordinate with UNDP State Office and MSME Department and other agencies as directed by SPC.
- Review expense claims of consultants and recommend payment against services laid down in the project in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job to use the systems
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Review and verification of expenses incurred from Project Staff
- To clear exams as and when advised by UNDP.
- Any other specific task assigned by the UNDP State Office Head, MP.
- Discharges administrative and other responsibilities associated with the position
- Any other specific task assigned by the Head of State Office, UNDP, MP.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and Hindi.;
- Should be competent in use of computers/laptops.
- Well conversant in use of internet, email, Word, Power Point, Excel is essential.
- Ability to type in Hindi would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SPSS & any other statistical tools will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Graduate degree from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in computer application/ secretarial support/ data entry. Good command over Computer operations including MS Office will be an added advantage
- Diploma or any other qualification in Secretarial Assistance, Office Administration will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in office administration; and secretarial support functions
- Having cleared CAIIB Part-1 and/or Part-2 will be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working in Madhya Pradesh would be added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working with any state government would be added advantage.