The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further assessment
- This position is a replacement for a staff going on Maternity Leave
- Duration of the contract will be for only five (5) months
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Candidates residing in Zahle area are encouraged to apply
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Business Administration or other related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in general administrative work with at least one (1) year of experience working in office management
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages. Fluency in French is highly desirable.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Multitasking skills
- Quick Learning skills
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Financial awareness
Experience utilising computers including word processing and Excel spreadsheets. Other WFP standard software packages and systems is a plus
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office, the Admin Assistant will be responsible of the following duties:
Fleet Management: supervision of drivers which includes weekly meetings, fleet planning and assigning of drivers to missions
- Data entry of receipts and vehicles/drivers info into the Fleet Management System (FMS), and continuous coordination with the FMS focal point in Country Office.
- Internal Security clearances for all mission to the special and red areas.
Stationary: Maintain an inventory of stationary items, track usage and replenish when necessary.
- Office management
- Manage Office cleaners
- Timekeeping: track absences and consolidate at the end of the month once all attendance sheets are submitted.
- On-boarding: Briefing new staff on HR procedures
- HR Documents: Liaise with staff and HR when staff requests documents from the HR unit (employment certificates, contract extensions etc.)
- Petty cash: Maintain and consolidate petty cash and petty cash documents to be submitted to Country Office on a monthly basis. Copies to be kept on file at Field Office.
- Input all petty cash purchased on WINGS
- Bill Payments: Raise proper SESs on request to ensure all bills are paid on time.
- Yearly inventory asset count-consolidated and sent to Country Office
- Inputting of fuel receipts to the Fuel Management System
- PRs on request to ensure payments are made for large items (office rent, electricity, large purchases)
- MPOs for all purchases under $5000 to be done on WINGS upon request from Country Office