The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collect incoming hard copy mails from IDB main reception (three times a day)
- Docking and record all mails in excel sheet (day –wise) and dispatch/ distribute to the concerned staff members and Unit/ Section(Daily).
- Receive outgoing mails from different section/units and record in excel sheet (day-wise) and handover to the local and overseas courier service providers (Daily).
- Record all outgoing mails in peon books and handover to the transport pool for hand delivery (daily).
- Collect pouch from FAO and WHO office and dispatch to the concerned staff members/ section/unit (Regular).
- Check and collect documents from WFP GPO Box number (located at General Post Office in Ramna, Dhaka) and dispatch to the concerned staff and section/unit (Regular).
- Check and reconcile the invoices local and overseas courier service providers and certify for payment (Regular).
Office Supply and stationary Items and Store management
- Work as focal point of MPO creation in Administration Area.
- ITS focal for receiving and processing all invoices under Administration Area.
- Review existing stock level of office supply and stationary items and initiate request to procure required office supply and stationary items to maintain at three months stock for the operations (Regular).
- Receive office supply and stationary items from the suppliers and enter into office supply and stationary database (Access based data base) to maintain up-to date stock balance information of receive and distribution of office supply items (Regular).
- Distribute office supply and stationary items to CO staff and SOs based on approved requisition from and entered distribution data into the database to keep up –to date record of stock balance (Regular).
- Monitoring stock balance of drinking water jars for Co floors and coordinate with supplier to ensure at least one-week stock of drinking water jars in Co (Regular).
- Receive invoice for office supply and stationary items and drinking water jars, reconcile with delivery channel, and certify (Regular).
Alternate of travel and visa management staff:
- Make travel arrangements for all staff. This includes making reservation for tickets, ensuring that tickets are collected and given to the passenger in good time, and that all travel is in accordance with the WFP travel guidance;
- Liaise with travel agents and ensure that the Programme gets the best service and price for all travel;
- Maintain database on all staff travel and costs including an updated list on all staff on travel; assist in providing staff with information regarding requirements for travel both within the country and abroad;
- Maintain travel control records;
- Initiate and process travel requests and claims;
- Review all travel claims submitted by staff for reimbursement;
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets on travel costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records;
- Provide administrative supports to international staff to issue/renewal/surrender customs passbook;
- Assist Administration Associate in MOSS compliance, safety and security of staff, their dependents, premises and assets;
- Assist international staff purchase/sell/transfer of ownership of personal cars;
- Provide assistance in arranging for meetings and workshops including, advising staff on suitable locations for the meetings, making preliminary bookings, liaising with the hotels and providing any administrative assistance required for the meeting e.g. availability of equipment and communication facilities at meeting venues;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: At least Three (03) years of administrative, Travel,Visa and/or fleet management experience
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Skills in the use of Computers; MS Office such as Word, Excel. Working knowledge in spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, understanding of the current development issues and interventions, tact, negotiating skills;
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to cope with situations, which may threaten health or safety; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.