The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality Administration practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- The role holder will assist in the running of the Transport Department of WFP Country Office, Dhaka. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Transport Supervisor in the day to day operations of vehicle fleet and the running of the Transport Department. Under the overall supervision of the Admin Officer and direct supervision of the Transport Supervisor, the Admin Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- The role holder will assist with the daily vehicle bookings ensuring emails and telephones are answered promptly and efficiently. He/she will also the disseminate the vehicle assignment information among the staffs and drivers timely.
- The role holder is responsible for the day to day efficient and safe use of the transport materials, equipment and tools, reporting any damage and faulty equipment to the Transport Supervisor as they arise.
- The role holder is required to complete vehicle safety check sheets each time vehicles are used, reporting any damage to the Transport Supervisor.
- Examine and process a variety of documents i.e., fuel slips, bridge toll slips, logbook, dispatch records, invoices, etc.
- Prepare reports such as cost and performance, vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, and quarterly annual review report.
- Maintain and update the comprehensive database of vehicles and drivers. Type a variety of narratives, correspondence, reports, letters, memos, technical papers, excel spreadsheets, charts, statistical tables, and other documents.
- Maintains and keeps record of over-time and Daily Substance Allowances of drivers.
- Assist to arrange gate security pass, vehicle sticker and vehicle parking permission from IDB.
- Assist Transport Supervisor in preparing the Vat reimbursement documents of fuel and ensure timely submission to respective government offices.
- The role holder is required to ensure general maintenance on all WFP fleet vehicles.
- He/She will aid with timely shuttle services to the staff member.
- The role holder is required to have a flexible approach to work and provide general support to the Transport Manager on a regular basis.
- The role holder will use own initiative when allocating the most cost-effective vehicle for the journey in line with the Transport policy.
- The role holder will be expected to take initial decisions regarding issues with fleet vehicles and solve minor problems e.g. replacing bulbs, wiper blades, car wash, filter replace and tires, referring on to the Transport Manager when appropriate. The role holder will be required to contact the relevant service when vehicles breakdown.
- The role holder will provide information and guidance on transport processes/procedures to any new member within the Transport Department. The role holder will be required to give guidance and advice on the transport policy and procedures to all staff, drivers and visitors on a regular basis.
- Any other duties assigned by WFP authority.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Business Support Services & Reporting Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
- Internal Controls & Risk Management Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
- Resource Management Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
- Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Customer Focus Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education : Higher secondary school education with training in Administration and Finance as minimum preferably bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field.
- Experience : A minimum of four years of progressively responsible work experience including at least three years in Transport management related field. Experience in Administration Management as applied in the context of development projects would be given preference.
- Knowledge & Skills : Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
- Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English