Administration Assistant (Receptionist)
UNOPS, Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Support Services and direct supervision of the Administration Officer, the Administration Assistant works in close collaboration with the Admin team. S/he provides smooth operation of administrative/logistical services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate sharing of information and client-oriented approach strengthens the capacity of the office in the provision of administrative/logistical services. In order to provide overall management of administrative services, ensuring high quality of work, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery, the Administration Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
- Provision of front office client service and secretarial support
- Provision of effective mail management
- Provision of administrative support
Ensure provision of front office client service and secretarial support focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Managing switchboard and directing calls, taking messages, and delivering messages professionally and efficiently to the recipients.
- Monitor the working condition of office equipment, ensuring day-to-day functioning of telephone switch board, fax machine, and take necessary action on repairs and replacement.
- Register and receive all visitors, direct to the appropriate host, respond to queries of visitors and provide assistance.
- Coordinate with Office facility management team to make sure reception area are neat and tidy.
- Update and maintain the contact information of government counterparts, UN Agencies, Embassies, INGOs and NGOs.
- Manage Myanmar Operation Centre (MMOC) meeting room reservations and ensure facilitator/host needs are met by liaising with ICT office and facility management team.
- Maintain, issue, track usage and disbursement of office stationary supplies.
- Prepare and submit the monthly stationary consumption reports and replenish regularly and prepare the procurement request for additional stocks as needed.
Ensure provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Receive and register incoming faxes, letters, deliveries, and official correspondence, and distribute to respective department/unit/officer.
- Register and dispatch outgoing letters, packages and official correspondence. Maintain accurate tracking records.
- Ensures all MMOC outgoing faxes are sent and received, recorded and tracked for historic purposes.
Ensure provision of administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Prepare/draft routine correspondence or reports related to the Admin Unit.
- Assist MMOC personnel and staff for Business card printing.
- Assist in office records keeping, filing system of Admin Unit to ensure files are properly stored and accessible.
- Support to Transport Unit by entering the vehicle logbook data for monthly user report.
- Support to Admin Unit by preparing the monthly leave plans,
- Assist other logistical support to Admin, Transport and facilities management unit as necessary.
Impact of Results
- Efficient management of Reception area, Meeting Rooms and the Telephone switch board.
- Accurate registry of all visitors, meeting room utilization, correspondence/packages and procurement bids received.
- Up to date filing system & proper documentation maintained.
- Courteous and professional administrative support, which is planned, organized and executed in a timely manner.
- Secondary education (matriculation) is required.
- Bachelor degree is preferred and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible receptionist and administrative work experience is required.
- Experience in similar position within a large international organization would be an asset.
- Knowledge of customer services would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required. Experience with Google Suite is highly preferred.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Myanmar language is required.