The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief or Administration Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Administration Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following;
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the area, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures, and performance plan.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Develop Annual Unit Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervise Fleet, General Administration and outsourced staff.
- Perform duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Preferably completion of Bachelor's Degree in Busiiness Administration or Business Studies or other relevant field.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has minimum of 5 years of Administration related work experience
- Prior supervisory role required.
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of UN or WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.