The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrion and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes -- not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
The successful candidate will support the National Administration Officer and other relevant staff with all administrative functions and coordination. The Business Associate will be responsible for finance, administrative and logistical duties, guaranteeing that the Regional Bureau operations are maintained effectively and efficiently thereby ensuring that day-to-day office and administrative tasks are carried out smoothly.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Prepare detailed budgeting and monthly cash forecasting for the unit and other common services
- Administration and facilitation of meetings, training, workshops and other special events including all required logistics
- Support Procurement processes and ensure that WFP Policy and guidelines are adhered to and ensuring accuracy and completeness of all requests.
- Prepare reports, presentations, memoranda, proposals and all related correspondence as required
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures in relation to staff travel
- Accounts Payable – invoice processing, reconciliations of accounts and preparation of payment requests in compliance with WFP policies and procedures
- Contract Management – Scope definition, initiation, performance monitoring and evaluation, contractual obligations, compliance, changes and reviews.
- Coach, train, mentor and counsel direct reports towards continuous performance improvement
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Admin Officer
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an Administrative role
- Completed Diploma in finance or any other related tertiary qualification in finance from a recognised professional institution
- Completed Diploma in Office Administration or other related qualification
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate effectively
- Experience working in a Non-Governmental Organization environment
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- High energy, self-motivated and independent
- Highly organized, results oriented and deadline driven
- Friendly, professional mannerism in dealing with the public both face to face and telephonically
- Accuracy and confidentiality
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
- Self-reliant, good problem solver results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive. A team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Good written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate