Administration, HR & Finance Manager
Terre des hommes Foundation Child Relief, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
Following significant armed opposition in Rahkine State (Myanmar) started on August 25, 2017, an estimated 420 000 refugees crossed the border into Bangladesh. Among them 180 000 people arrived in already existing official camps and their surroundings (makeshift), while 250 000 crisis-affected settle in new spontaneous sites or are hosted by extremely vulnerable host communities. A majority of the refugees are children.
While some emergency actors in the area are already providing assistance, the scale of the crisis is beyond response capacity.
There is no expected end to this crisis for the coming months and the number of crisis-affected is likely to increase. Worst case scenario could reach a total of 800 000 refugees in the coming months.
Tdh sent an emergency team composed of thematic specialists (Child protection, Health and WaSH) as well as a logistic Manager and is looking for an Administration, HR & Finance Manager in this opening context.
The main purpose of the position is to carry out efficient administrative, finance and HR management of the projects and Tdh structure of the base in Cox Bazar, minimizing financial and operational risks and ensuring compliance in terms of Tdh procedures and Donors guidelines.
Fonction details :
- Contribute to drawing up the new project budgets;
- Focal point of the Budget Follow Up;
- Ensure Budget Follow Up are updated and reflecting real and clear forecasts;
- Ensure the good allocation of expenses on monthly basis;
- Ongoing project budget follow up, forecasts and analysis. In collaboration with Tdh Partners, verify their global forecasts and assure eligibility of expenses;
- Ongoing project financial reporting in collaboration with the admin coordination;
- Collect and verify financial information from the Partners to transmit information to the admin coordination;
- Prepare Tdh Treasury forecasts and prepare/send fund request to the HQ Finance controller for validation;
- Verify Partners’ treasury forecasts in line with the budget & prepare/send fund request to the HQ Finance Controller;
- Work in close collaboration with the project managers and the logistics department to ensure the treasury forecasts are done in accordance to the budget;
- Supervise the cash and bank management.
- Is in charge of Tdh monthly accountancy closing (via the accounting software SAGA) including transmission to the HQ;
- Organize and file all accounting documents;
- Support the Partners’ on accounting issues and check Partners’ list of invoices, verify all supporting documents (copies), complete codification;
- Supervise all accounting activities.
- Be the focal point in terms of local law analysis;
- Verify that all contracts respect Tdh policy and supervise the follow up;
- Make sure the contracts are filed and translated, and all payments to various owners are paid on time.
- Lead the mission HR policy creation (including salary scale), its implementation and the implementation of the social welfare of the mission;
- Assist in welcoming/integrating employee, ensure they receive administrative briefing;
- Ensure that declarations and payment of taxes/charges are made to relevant organizations;
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan;
- Ensure that HR Database and payroll processing is accurate;
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Tdh personnel files;
- Monitor adhesion to the HR policies;
- Check that job descriptions fit the standard job matrix and ensure that the recruitment process is respected;
- Draft employment contracts, and ensure that employee adhered to their contract;
- Check and ensure the update of staff records and follow up of HR deadlines;
- Supervise annual performance review deadlines, contract dates and other deadlines;
- Assist the Emergency coordinator in ordering and determining disciplinary measures;
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel.
- Define the needs of administrative personnel, and recruit according to the resources allocated;
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team;
- Plan and manage the activities of the administrative team;
- Lead the Administrative team meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force;
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Terre des hommes on request and/or by order;
- Ensure administrative, financial and HR reports are sent to the HQ according to Tdh calendar.
- Adhere to and enforce Tdh administrative regulations and procedures;
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding standards are upheld;
- Guarantee that project donor’s procedures are respected;
- Monitor Partners’ compliance with the agreement with Tdh, donor’s regulations, national applicable regulations and transparency;
- Work in close collaboration with the Partners’ Admin team intranet by collecting, verifying, analyzing their data and if needed provide appropriate advices and trainings in collaboration with the administrative coordination.
Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) - Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy;
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience as Administration, HR & Finance Manager
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Relevant accounting knowledge and experience
- Budget follow up, forecasts and analysis.
- Financial reporting
- Procurement procedures knowledge
- Emergency donors knowledge is a an asset
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Knowledge of SAGA software is an asset
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication.
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)