The purpose of this position is to support the Program teams to carry out activities in a timely manner while ensuring quality Administration & Logistic services and efficient utilization of resources in compliance with applicable standards.
The position will also be in charge of vehicle maintenance as per the World Vision Lanka (WVL) vehicles polices. Furthermore, the Admin & Logistic Officer is responsible for the delivery and execution of Admin & Logistic processes across all assigned categories. The position will also ensure that transactions and supplier relationships are implemented in line with WVL standards.
While ensuring smooth operation retests based on service, accommodation, quality and other applicable criteria to meet Program(s) Operation needs, the Admin & Logistic Officer will also provide administrative and logistical support and services to meet the service level agreement.
- Liaise with the landlord of the office premises and other operational contacts such as janitorial services, security company, courier services etc. in keeping the office fully functional.
- Purchase and distribute office stationeries/refreshments and maintain records.
- Ensure functionality of telephone, intercom & internet system with the support of service providers and National Office IT department.
- Support Sponsorship related work (Posting letters, courier) and record keeping.
- Maintenance of office equipment and overseeing repairs.
- Ensure functioning of the office security system and key management.
- Responsible for management of office vehicle and hiring of private vehicles.
- Support Area Program (AP) Manager with travel plans and accommodation of staff.
- Ensure timely delivery of finance and procurement activities is well supported.
- Ensure project support for ministry result.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the INGO/NGO sector related to Administration & Logistic.
- A basic degree with at least 3 years of experience Or A Diploma in Business Administration or any other relevant field with 5 years of experience in the INGO/NGO sector related to Administration & Logistic.
- Valid driving license (added advantage for heavy vehicle license)
- Flair for public relations.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Fluency in computer literacy.
Language: Sinhala or Tamil is preferred. English is Optional.