Administration Manager 9 / Finance and Administration Manager
Abt Associates, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
- The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
- Abt Associates is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager for the Health Finance and Governance project based in Swaziland. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, the follow:
- Be responsible for local implementation of Abt Associates’ administrative, management, and financial systems.
- Prepare local budgets in coordination with project technical staff
- Assure the development and monitoring of project budgets, accurate financial reports, and projection of funding needs, in close coordination with the COP and the Contract Administrator at Abt/Bethesda.
- Track local expenditures, prepare monthly financial reports, and request monthly advances to ensure there is cash on hand to meet expenses
- Manage local procurement of goods and services
- Liaise with Abt Associates staff and site office staff
- Per USAID and Abt Associates guidance, assure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits.
- Arrange meetings and venues
- Make local arrangements for international consultants, such as hotel reservations and airport pickup
- Arrange local transportation for consultants and workshop participants
- Assist in preparing materials for workshops and meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Businees, Accounting or related degree
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in financial management of international projects including experience managing USAID projects preferred
- Familiarity with compliance of USG Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience in financial management
- Familiarity with donor-funded projects
- Strong organizational and coordination skills such as timely follow-up
- Understanding of the local context, including rules and regulations for banking, social insurance, and other legal requirements required to operate a site office.
- Fluency in English (required) and SiSwati (preferred).
- (4+) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.