The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. premises, WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, fleet and fuel management, asset management and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Support the field offices with guidance and services related to administration.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Has 5 years of postgraduate professional experience in administration.
- Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in administrative operating standards in day to day work.
- Work experience in any International organisation is an added advantage.
- Has provided coaching & mentoring or training to staff members within area of expertise.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration. Master in the relevant field is desirable.
- Language: National Professional: Fluency in English language both oral and written.