WHO ARE WE
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Admin Officer is responsible for administration activities including travel management
- Book flight tickets for DRC staff as per defined guidelines and approved MRF
- Arrange for flight tickets, hotel reservations and logistical support for DRC Staff and stakeholders inside and outside through contracted travel agents Afghanistan based on the approved MRF / Request & approval from the Head of the Department.
- Look after Office and Guest House management
- Assist in processing visa applications, through MoFA and MoLD and concerned Afghan Embassy/Consulate in Foreign Countries
- Assist in processing and obtaining a work permit for National and Expat Staff
- Update the tracking sheet for the visa expiry of Expat Staff and ensure the renewal of the visas as and when required
- Support staff on Insurance services and guidelines, as well as attending their queries
- Assist / Coordinate with Team Leader Administration in other matters related to Administration
- Liaison with different government bodies with regards to the project's registration, licenses, work permits and other authorizations/registrations in consultation with TL Admin required from time to time.
- Maintain the proper filing / record system for all the correspondence documents (Hard & Soft)
- Cooperate / assist with other Admin Staff on regular basis
- Provide training to other Admin Staff on travel Management and liaison with external authorities.
- Any other task as assigned by the Line Manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 2 years’ experience within humanitarian in Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant field)
- English (Written and Spoken) – Fluent
- Dari / Pasto (Written and Spoken) – Fluent