Danish Refugee Council, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
The Administration Officer will be responsible for managing or supporting the following areas, as requested: logistics/procurement, admin/finance and HR, for both DRC Syria and DRC Regional teams based in Beirut; and in close coordination with the relevant heads of department.
- Manage all procurement processes in accordance with DRC policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure that all procurements are tracked and recorded appropriately to ensure accountability to the donor.
- Assist in organizing external workshops and meetings in Lebanon and booking meeting spaces within Beirut offices (in coordination with DRC Lebanon),
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes, and submit monthly logistics reports to the management team.
- Organize Visa ,travel arrangements, including booking flights, accommodation (in hotels if and when needed)
- Arrange all the transportations for all DRC Syria staff and donors
- Support with any administrative tasks as required, including filing, preparing purchase and payment requests and receiving invoices (matched against approved purchase orders or contracts).
- Manage payment of petty expenses through an advance received from DRC Lebanon office and settle the advance before month in coordination with DRC Lebanon Finance.
- Arrange in DRC properties rental agreements, payments and terminations per contract, in addition to charging softcopy with DRC main office in Syria.
- Managing to up keeping of DRC facilities in good shape by conducting regular visits for all DRC premises occupied by DRC Syria team.
- Inspecting DRC equipment on a regular basis and providing appropriate maintenance.
- Handling maintenance requests and contact suitable service providers and ensure services are completed correctly.
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement departments in both Beirut and Damascus for maintenance requests and services payments.
- Refund expenses / advance cash for Syria staff’s members and RO staff members based in Lebanon , in coordination with RO,
- Maintain the list of staff travel and assist staff members with the travel expenses claims when relevant.
- Ensure a good management and follow-up of staff members’ visas issuance and renewal to Lebanon, in coordination with the DRC Lebanon HR/Admin office.
- Assist Syria staff in getting visas to Syria through the embassy in Lebanon,
- Ensure confidentiality of all correspondence and operations
Experience and technical competencies:
- Qualified candidates have experience working in office management/support in a medium-size office, ideally with a focus on refugee or humanitarian work.
- At least 3 years of successful experience working in logistics/procurement and/or administration/finance/HR or a combination of both, preferably with an INGO.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Computer proficiency highly desirable, particularly use of MS Excel.
- Familiarity or previous experience with DRC programme and operational procedures a plus.