Under the guidance and direct supervision of Senior Project Manager, the Administration Analyst is responsible for the quality of administrative support services for the Port Sudan Office. He/she analyzes and interprets the administrative rules and regulations and provides solutions to complex issues related to administration. The Administration Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administration Analyst may supervise and lead the team of the administration personnel within the Port Sudan Office. The Administration Analyst works in close collaboration with the support services, programme and project teams locally, UNOPS HQ colleagues, UN agencies and Government officials to successfully deliver administrative services.
Summary of Key Functions
- Management of UNOPS premises
- Support to management on security-related issues
- Management of administrative services and supervision of administrative team
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures management of UNOPS premises, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Overall management of office premises; follow-up with building owner regarding contractual arrangement/negotiation of office lease renewal in consultation with the Regional Office/Country Office/Multi Country Office management team.
- Promotion of energy-saving and implementation of green office policy.
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance/repair/washing/painting work of the office premises and environment. Supervision of the cleaning and maintenance team to ensure effective and efficient services be provided
- Monitoring and ensuring the timeliness and quality of administrative tasks (e.g. cleaning and security guard service) on daily basis.
Ensures proper assistance to management on security-related issues, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and identification of potential issues related to security and proposal of strategies and options to management for review.
- Guidance and supervision to the security guards for safeguarding the staff and premises
- Preparation of quarterly Security Incident Reports.
- Update of security briefing note and briefing of staff and UNOPS visitors on security-related matters.
- UNOPS Staff List (including dependents) updated on a timely basis.
Ensures effective management of Port Sudan Office administrative services and supervision of the administrative team, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring and analysis of administrative services and recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives
- Ensuring UNOPS administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning.
- Assessment of expenditure in administration (office premises, assets, travel, etc.) for previous years; estimate of new requirements and preparation of budget plans for designated areas of work.
- Collaboration in the administration of common premises to ensure efficiency, cost- effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers to ensure cost-effective services and of quality and timely service.
- Preparation and monitoring of the team work-plans. Supervision and guidance to the staff in the administrative team, including the drivers’ team, handyman and administration personnel, for satisfactory performance and client-oriented services.
- Management of office vehicles and transportation service to ensure punctual transportation service is provided to the staff, UNOPS visitors and high officials on mission.
- Supervision of the recording (inventory), disposal and transfer of office assets for the office; evaluation, on a regular basis, of the inventory status and transactions in the database, reporting anomalies and discrepancies for timely action.
- Efficient and effective cooperation among different sub-teams in terms of achieving results.
- Administrative advice and support to international staff and consultants (e.g. assist international staff and consultants in finding suitable housing according to their needs within a short time frame).
- Drafting of correspondence and internal procedural directives relating to administrative matters
- Administrative support to key events (e.g. conferences, VIP visits, UN Day, etc.) on a timely and quality basis.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on administrative-related topics.
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in administration.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the office administration management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies. Strategic approach to administration management, effective and efficient administrative support, and timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and overall effective delivery of UNOPS programmes and projects.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, or related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Less than 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in administrative management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.