World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people regardless of their religion, caste, gender or ethnicity. World Vision has been in Sri Lanka since 1977 and currently works through 35 development and relief programmes in 20 Districts across the country.
At World Vision we are passionate about children and committed to bringing fullness of life to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Every day for forty years, that is what our team at World Vision has been doing.
We are currently looking for dynamic & creative individuals to join us in our journey of caring.
The Purpose of this Position is to provide a wide range of administration support services to the World Vision Lanka National Office, ensuring a safe, clean and secured office environment and housing appropriate facilities and services on a daily basis.
- Being the prime person to monitor all maintenance and up-keeping of the building premises, equipment, cleaning, janitorial and safety/security arrangements in the premises
- Providing administrative support for;
- All VISA/Work permits, board papers are received with required approvals, signatures, renewals on time
- Positive business relationships with all stakeholders
- Well-coordinated with Administrative and Logistic coordinator/assistant for ensured service delivery on daily basis
- Timely clearance and delivery of detained parcels at Customs receiving necessary approvals (Temp. VAT, Customs Approvals)
- Internal/external postal mails are delivered on time,
- Manage and distribute all supplies with optimal stock levels and good stewardship
- Oversee for an uninterrupted and efficient supply of all utility and outsourced services
- Monitor and ensure proper functioning of power plants (Generator/Solar system), Sewerage cleaning system, waste water system, lighting & Air conditions, water supply etc.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Diploma or equivalent qualification in office management/administration and general maintenance
- Two years’ work experience in office maintenance and house keeping
- Knowledge of office systems, including experience with computer applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database management) required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Sinhala and/or Tamil