UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
- UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
- With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
- UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- Background Information - BSSC
- The UNOPS Bangkok Shared Service Centre (BSSC) is a Shared Services Centre (SSC) unit established for the purpose of providing internal, global, cost-effective transactional services which enhance the operational capacity of UNOPS and standardize systems and procedures. The BSSC, among other functions, carries out high-quality transactional services within the area of personnel contract administration and payroll.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Finance and Accounting Service Unit’s Team Lead and the overall supervision of the Finance and Accounting Service Unit’s Manager; the Administration Senior Assistant provides a range of administrative and financial services to corporate, portfolio and client managers and associates. The incumbent’s main role is to assist in calculating and raise requests for payments for travel/daily subsistence allowance payments. The incumbent will be working in close collaboration with Finance and Travel policy owners, Travel Focal Points in Regional/Project Centres and with UNOPS HQ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery in line with the current practices and travel policies. Besides the daily tasks, the incumbent will assist the Finance and Accounting Services’ Team Lead in organizing daily tasks for the DSA Calculation team.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures
- Operations & administrative support
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Inputs to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in operations, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Assist BSSC management in any further roll out of the DSA team’s services to other offices/regions.
- Contribute/provide feedback on future system tool(s) being developed by UNOPS ICT team that will be used by the DSA Team with the aim of further efficiency gains.
Provides administrative support to travelers who are under BSSC travel portfolio, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Creates/processes timely and accurate DSA/travel related payments in line with UNOPS Travel Policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and answers general queries on travel procedures and processes.
- Ensure UNOPS documentation retention policy is being followed in relation to the payments being raised by the DSA team.
- Ensure that all travels processed by the team are accurate and correctly logged on the DSA log book.
- Assist in future recruitment and performance appraisal of team members of the DSA team.
- Manage and coordinate team members’ leave plans
- Familiarize and provide feedback to BSSC management on any new system tools that may potentially affect services of the DSA Team.
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on travel related topics.
- Prepare/draft knowledge material and templates used by the DSA Team when necessary or based on request from supervisor.
- Assist in training/onboarding new team members.
- Contribute feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Draft/prepare presentation material upon request from supervisor or Finance and Accounting Service Team’s Manager.
- Education: Secondary education is required. A university degree (preferably in Business Administration, Social Science or related area) is an asset.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience within the areas of administration or a related field is required. Knowledge of UNOPS or UN travel policy; working knowledge of ERP (particularly Agresso), experience with GSuite are desired.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.