Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organisation provides daily support to more than 850 NGOs in twelve of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Mali Country Office
INSO Mali started in 2013 and launched full services in 2014. INSO Mali provides services to enhance the delivery of humanitarian aid and preserve the safety of staff employed by 135 Malian and International NGOs that provide humanitarian and emergency assistance.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Administration Support Coordinator to be based in Bamako (Mali).
The Administrative Support Coordinator will help the Country Administration Manager (CAM) to lead, manage and mentor INSO Mali finance and administration team. In doing so, he will be responsible for implementing, enforcing and monitoring INSO standard operating procedures in finance, accounting, administration, human resources and logistics, as well as supporting the Country Director with the financial aspects of grant management.
Conduct a diagnosis of the Mission Support (administration and logistics) department
- Analyze the performance of the service.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the service.
- Provide relevant proposals to strengthen the skills of individual team members
- Regularly monitor the performance of the support department
Support the functioning of the administrative department
- Administration: Ensure that the archiving is carried out consistently and systematically, participate in the identification of a legal adviser, assist in obtaining the agreement with the government.
- HR: Assist the CAM (Country Admin Manager) in the various practical aspects of HR management on a daily basis, develop an arrival / departure briefing with the support team, reinforce the CAM concerning the administrative follow-up of expatriates in close collaboration with the headquarters, ensure that the updating of personnel files is carried out and archived.
- Finance: Ensure that cash requests are in line with the actual needs of the mission, support the CAM in the monthly accounting closure (control of accounting charges, lettering of advances, internal transfers, etc.). Follow sending to the headquarter respecting the deadlines provided via the monthly closing checklist, ensure that the invoices are checked.
- Logistics: Ensure that procurement and storage documents comply with internal procedures and are consistent with the market, assist the CAM in the follow-up of the various logistics projects, control the validity of the contracts with the suppliers.
- Management of the administration team: Assist the CAM in the follow-up of his own team in order to optimize its working time and its functioning. Rationalize the needs and propose organization tools, support the development of a respectful and dynamic working environment, within the administrative department.
Strengthen the capacities of the administrative department
- HR: Strengthens the CAM concerning the facilitation of meeting with the personnel, the disciplinary management, the HR tools and procedures. Define an appropriate training and capacity building plan. Participate in the training of employees who have administrative or logistical functions.
- Financial management: Train the CAM in the preparation of an annual budget of the mission as well as its revision, in the preparation of a forecast of expenses of the sub-offices, help the CAM to produce and archive intermediate financial reports, to prepare audit of the various donor financing contracts (AECID / SDC, etc.), to propose budgetary adjustments. Strengthen the coordination team and the CAM to the financial strategy (identification of the funding gaps, assistance to the decision-making of the director ...)
- Donor procedures: strengthen the CAM and ensure that he is familiar with the procedures of each INSO donor in Mali (AECID / SDC / ECHO / OFDA), create a tool for synthesizing donor rules.
- Logistics: Train the CAM and his team to streamline equipment and monitor the need of operational teams in the field, organizing priorities and plan the objectives of the support department. Strengthen the CAM in the preparation of meetings / presentation of the department's objectives, organizing and facilitating meetings with the NGOs administration group.
Develop tools to help the organization and strengthen the synergy between the support department and the other departments of the mission and headquarter.
- Support the implementation of the annual administrative and HR planning
- Support completion of procurement plan
- Develop management tools for the administrative department and its relations with other departments
Develop a contextualized training for the INSO support department.
- Develop a training module for managers (SA, Coordination, Admin) concerning INSO rules and procedures.
- Develop a training module for INSO CAMs (in English / French) concerning the procedures of each department.
- Fluent in French & English (written and spoken)
- Minimum of two (2) full years in NGO financial/administration management at field level
- Donor/contract management experience (must incl. OFDA & ECHO/EU) and policy knowledge
- Experience in Human Resources Management, staff training and capacity building
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices
- Degree in Accounting, Administration and Finance or equivalent experience
- Diplomacy and communication skills
- Experience with logistics
- Pedagogical skills
Key Personal Competencies:
- A good listener
- An effective communicator
- Excellent analyst
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A people manager
Terms & Conditions: 4-months contract with expected start date on 1 September 2017, €4550 per month salary, 4 days calendar annual leave per month, global medical coverage, and AD&D coverage.