Administrative and Finance Expert
United Nations Volunteers, El Salvador
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNODC Global Programme on Cybercrime Coordinator (based in San Salvador) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Experto en Administración y Finanzas will:
- Provide support to the programme’s technical coordination in drafting the annual acquisition plan.
- Update in a regular basis the annual acquisition plan.
- Review technical and financial proposals presented in procurement process.
- Update in a regular basis the database with information of potential and active vendors.
- Implement acquisition process according to the guidelines provided by the programme’s technical coordination.
- Provide logistic support in activities (including online activities).
- Coordinate logistics and financial aspects with vendors that provide goods and services for different activities.
- Provide support to the programme’s technical coordination in quality control of goods and services acquired.
- Implement the payment processes for vendors.
- Implement the hiring processes and other administrative actions related to the recruitment of local and international consultants.
- Implement the payment process of consultant.
- Update in a regular basis the financial database of the programme, reflecting recent expenditures as soon as possible.
- Implement the process to purchase tickets and/or providing allowances for travelers.
- Update the programme’s inventory, implementing the necessary administrative actions related to each asset condition.
- Update the databases sent by UNODC headquarters, Central Administration Unit and Procurement Unit, in the areas of administration, finances, human resources, inventory and procurement.
- Provide support to the programme’s technical coordination in drafting the annual workplan.
- Update in a regular basis the annual workplan.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- Education: Master’s degree in public administration, business administration or finance.
- Candidates with less than 35 years of age that meet the education/experience criteria may be considered
- Required experience: 96 Months
- At least 8 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in management or project implementation, or other relevant programmes; experience with finances is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Knowledge of office software (text and spreadsheets) and business software (e.g. SAP or Oracle based platforms) is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and
- youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in justice and peace, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge.