Under the direction and general supervision of the Security Advisor (SA) or his representative, the administrative associate assists in the overall management of administrative services, administers and executes the processes and transactions ensuring the high quality and accuracy of the job. The administrative partner promotes a customer, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Associate works closely with the Security Advisor (SA), staff from UNDSS, UNDP and other United Nations agencies to exchange information and ensure consistent and efficient service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions / Main tasks
Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Budget administration and cost recovery strategies
- Efficient accounting and administrative assistance
- Country office cash management
- Support for the management of supplies and assets
- Support for administrative and financial control
- Support for common services
- Coordination of registry and receptionist functions
- Support for knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures the implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UNDSS / UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide inputs to the country office administrative process map and implement internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of results-based administrative team work plans.
Provides effective administrative support, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance;
- Coordination of travel arrangements. Play a buyer role in Atlas for the preparation of purchase orders for travel and other administrative expenses;
- Organization of procurement processes, including preparation of documents in coordination with the UNDP procurement unit;
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats;
- Coordination of DSAs, travel agencies and other administrative inquiries, inquiries for the organization of common services;
- Support for protocol issues, staff registration, coordination with local authorities on space and other administrative issues;
- Coordination of transport services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Verification and certification of daily vehicle log and fuel consumption, updating and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Prompt reports and investigations into cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; updating and maintaining the vehicle history report;
- Research and recovery of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of graphs, tables and statistical reports.
Provide support for the proper management of supplies and assets, focusing on achieving the following result:
- Coordination of asset management, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Coordinating the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
Provide support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, with emphasis on achieving the following results:
- Maintaining administrative control records such as commitments and expenses;
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control program; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions if necessary;
- Coordination of cost recovery arrangements for common premises / services;
- Adequate control of supporting documents for funds and activities.
Ensures appropriate common services focused on achieving the following result :
- Maintenance of common services / management of office space to ensure integrated activities on common services and the implementation of United Nations reform.
Coordinates the implementation of the clerk and receptionist functions, supervises the clerk and the receptionist, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Provision of efficient general reception and information services;
- Providing reliable registry services.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the country office, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Staff training on administrative procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Minimum a high school diploma required. Further training or university degree in human resource management, administration and / finance or any other related field desired.
Experience: A progressive professional experience of at least five years acquired in the field of human resources management, administration and finance.