Administrative and Programme Officer
World Health Organization(WHO), Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative and direct supervision of the EPI Team Leader, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with the following tasks:
- Oversee the WHO EPI Team Leader's office correspondence information flow - handle and prioritize outgoing and incoming correspondences. Initiate responses when appropriate and ensure requisite and timely follow up on actions and provide regular updates to the WHO EPI Team Leader.
- Support the documentation of final management actions of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Accountability Framework. Prepare feedback to all WHO polio field staff - State Coordinators, Cluster Coordinators, LGA Facilitators and Field Volunteers in the 36 States plus FCT.
- Act as a liaison between the EPI Team Leader and EPI Zonal and State offices as well as Governmental agencies, partners, including the UN, e.t.c. by transmitting directives, instructions and assignments and follow up on the status of assignments to facilitate PEI/EPI programme.
- Support the organization of meetings and prepare, produce and post minutes of meetings and follow-up on actions resulting therefrom.
- Provide advice on programme matters, managerial problems encountered in programme execution and administrative support involved in day-to-day running of the EPI office. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the EPI Team Leader, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Render logistic and administrative support for PEI/EPI International missions - All EPI staff members, Government officials, WHO temporary advisors, etc. Develop and update on a regular basis the database for international missions.
- Devise and maintain office systems including electronic documentation of all EPI correspondence.
- Coordinate the activities of EPI Secretaries and a Receptionist.
- Perform any other duty that may reasonably or exceptionally be required/assigned to ensure the smooth operation of EPI Team Leader's work.
- Essential: First University Degree or its equivalent in public, business or secretarial administration, economics, social sciences.
- Desirable: Certificate in Management Skills & Leadership Development Course would be an added asset.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Computer literate and ability to use relevant software and applications.
- Essential: At least 1 year of relevant experience in efficiently and effectively managing the Office of an inter-governmental/ international organization.
- Desirable: Relevant experience involving the application of administrative and management principles and Practices within the United Nations System.
- WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=34025&vaclng=en