World Vision, Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide a wide range of administrative support services to the Administration department. To maintain efficient administration systems and procedures, with particular emphasis on filing and tracking of documentation as well as assets tracking.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support
- Develop, set up, and document office secretarial systems related to: filing of documents, records management, communications (telephone, fax, and correspondence), supplies management, and basic office services
- Receive, screen, and process mail, fax, and other incoming and outgoing communications; ensuring that confidential matters are handled properly.
- Assist the line manager in preparing documentation, orders, letters, etc.
- Provide support to the relevant stakeholders in all kinds of administrative tasks, including follow up and organizing of different meetings and maintaining the agenda with relevant reminders in close collaboration with the line manager
- Provide support and facilitate the team building activities as requested in close collaboration with the line manager
- Provide verbal and written translation services to staff as needed.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed according to WV standards.
- Ensure that stationery is ordered on a timely basis and available at all times.
- Ensure that office supplies are ordered and available always.
- Ensure that diskettes, printer cartridges, fax rolls/cartridges and photocopier toners are available always in cooperation with the IT assistant.
- Follow up and settle all utilities, landlines and internet invoices for office and apartments and team houses.
- Ensure WV team houses are kept clean and ready to receive visitors.
- Follow up on maintenance requirement for office and team houses/apartments.
- Have a driving license, and able to drive within Amman.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the Line Manager.
- Prepare all the necessary PRFs / Payment requests for the Support Services Department.
- Prepare and following up on contracts in terms of payments, annexes and the related service contracts.
- Keeping back up keys for the offices and apartments.
- Responsible for the Department petty cash.
- Follow up on all the tracking sheets: office, supplies, cleaning materials, etc…
- Hotel bookings and ticketing requirements.
- Keep up to date visitor tracking sheet and staff travel tracking sheet and hotel tracking sheets, visitor phones tracking sheet.
- Arrange Airport pickups/drop offs for all staff and WV visitors
- Manage the monthly payments for the office / apartments and team houses expenses, such as utilities invoices, janitorial, Orange and others.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Certificate in Secretarial studies or Administration.
- University/college degree recognized in Higher Education or equivalent is regarded.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proven admin or assistant experience.
- Must have computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is essential.
- Ability to deal with matters of strict confidentiality