Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative in charge of Operations, the incumbent is responsible for monitoring operational management indicators, working closely with the UNDSS in maintaining the list of personnel in relation to security . He / She shares and maintains the list of office supplies available in the administration store and assists the programs and operations sections in the logistical preparation of meetings and workshops.
The incumbent performs various administrative tasks, particularly in relation to the installation of new staff members and visitors, assistance in the issuance / renewal of laissez-passer, obtaining residence visas, preparation of the diplomatic bag (pouch), drafting of reports for all operations meetings ...
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the research and maintenance of files relating to the various information and references. Sort information, documents and ensure recording in the appropriate formats, or on the basis of general instructions necessary for the preparation of reports, correspondence, technical documents, project or program plans and other reference documents
- Provide advice and assist staff members and their dependents on the visa application process, renewal of laissez-passer, identity cards, driver's licenses and other related personal documents in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and those in the country of the workplace.
- Monitor and update the list of office equipment.
- Provide all the administrative assistance required to the sections for the logistical organization of the workshops (room reservations and catering).
- Establish correspondence, notes, reports via verbal instructions, previous correspondence or other sources of information available in accordance with standard office procedures. Responsible for sending the diplomatic bag to Headquarters.
- Classify and code the equipment according to the objects and location, maintain the general documents and files of operations and follow the recommendations of operations and the indicators of Management.
- Organize meetings, both internally and externally, get involved in high level official activities and take notes and minutes of meetings.
- Ensure the reservation of trips and hotels, prepare travel authorizations and collect relevant information relating thereto.
- Respond to various requests relating to his area of responsibility.
- Perform other tasks, as needed.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you need to have ...
- Have a completed secondary school diploma. Additional training in administration, finance or an equivalent field will be an asset
- Have at least five years (05 years) of professional experience in an area of administrative support (including filing, information processing and compliance practice the procedure) ;
- Have a good capacity for teamwork both internally and externally. Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Have good organizational and planning skills;
- Successful experience at the level of the United Nations system or within an international organization would be an asset
- Having a good command of IT tools (Word, Excel, Internet, etc.)
- Have a good command of French and good knowledge of professional English
- Have a good capacity for initiative and a sense of responsibility;
- Essential values required: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
- Essential skills required: Communication, Teamwork, Search for results,
- Functional skills required: learning and research, planning and organization, monitoring and application of Instructions and procedures, adaptation and responses to changes
- This position is reserved for candidates of Malagasy nationality