Are you an administrative assistant, who enjoys working on a variety of projects? Do you want to broaden your knowledge in new areas where technology innovation is the key factor? Put in place your organizational expertise and provide a perfect service to CERN’s Knowledge Transfer Group. Take part!
You will join the Knowledge Transfer (KT) Group (kt.cern), which is in charge of identifying and realizing opportunities for CERN's know-how to be applied in fields other than particle physics, in order to maximize the impact of CERN technologies and expertise on society (in particular through industry).
As Administrative Assistant in the KT Group, you will participate in the administrative daily management with special emphasis on information, communication and organizational services.
- Act as front office service and provide assistance to the Knowledge Transfer (KT) Group Leader and members of the team;
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings, conferences and events;
- Welcome various categories of members of the personnel (group members, visitors, contractors, etc.) upon their arrival at CERN in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN;
- Ensure smooth circulation of information as required within the Group;
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files, mailbox and records to provide up-to-date information; also maintain archived documents;
- Process requests for leaves, reimbursements, payments, travels according to the CERN rules in force.
- Higher administrative diploma or equivalent relevant experience in the field of administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative service or secretariat in an international environment;
- Experience in editing as well as in taking minutes.
- Customer service;
- Secretarial work;
- Use of office software packages: knowledge of SharePoint and/or Drupal software would be an advantage.
Working in teams:
- contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and communicate in both languages in professional contexts.