UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s presence in the Republic of Moldova has evolved from being a project-based office in 2007 to a Country Office with full delegated authority as of 2015. Currently, UN Women Moldova Country Office is implementing its Strategic Note (SN) for 2018-2022, which is aligned with the Republic of Moldova-United Nations Partnership Framework for Sustainable Development 2018-2022 and the Global Strategic Plan of UN Women. The SN 2018-2022 aims at advancing progress under the following three Impact Areas (IA): IA1: More women from diverse groups fully participate and lead in governance processes and institutions, IA2: Women have income security, decent work and economic autonomy, IA3: Public authorities, institutions and communities prevent violence against women and girls and deliver quality essential services.
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager and in close coordination with the Administrative Associate (G6), the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies:
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats organized for the Country Office;
- Provide administrative support to property management; coordinate the cleaning services. Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance services;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, manages incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Provide executive and administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative.
Provide administrative support to office and assets management:
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders as Alternate;
- Prepare drafts of Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services:
- Provide support in organizing recruitment processes for different types of contracts: create and upload vacancy announcement, compile matrixes, organize interview panels;
- Maintain staffing lists and reports, as required;
- Perform the duties of Leave Monitor.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide inputs for the trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration;
- Provide inputs to the CO business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provide administrative support in the organization of learning events.
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the office;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web-based management skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- 4 (four) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.):
- Experience in the use of ERP systems, including ATLAS, is an asset:
- Experience in UN is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.