Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for welcoming visitors and providing basic hospitality while they wait, answering phones, directing visitors to the appropriate person, ensuring front office security, providing general administrative and clerical support as needed. Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Operation Mercy.
· Provide general administrative and clerical support
· Light data entry work on behalf of different departments
· Tracks current staff visas
· Drafts correspondence with the govt.
· Prepares financial spreadsheets and creates presentations.
· Manages the general calendar for the office
· Organizes necessary NGO related travel arrangements for staff.
· Orders office supplies
· Maintains the office filing system
· Makes photocopies
· Takes notes in meetings when necessary
· Schedule appointments
· Maintain clean and tidy reception area
Required skills & experience
· Fluency in spoken Kurdish, English and Arabic.
· Proficient in written Kurdish, English, and Arabic.
· Familiar with using computers.
· Diploma or education in Administration/HR, or any other relevant certificate.
· Previous experience in similar position, ideally within an international organisation.
· Proven computer skills (Microsoft, other software is an asset).
· Organisation skills and detailed-oriented.
· Previous experience in a NGO is an asset.
· Punctual, honest, reliable and eager to learn.