Administrative Assistant, Global Centre for Public Service Excellence (GCPSE)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Administrative Assistant supports the work of the Centre Director, the Deputy Director (Policy Specialist), two advisors (seconded by the Singapore Government) and consultants hired on projects.
- S/he also supports the GAIN team, with the exception that travel, HR and procurement for the GAIN team are handled through UNDP HQ.
- In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the operations teams at the Malaysia Country Office and New York HQ on operational matters.
- The Administrative Assistant will ensure quality support in service delivery and coordination.
Provide support in financial management focusing on the following:
- Actively monitor and prepare all the invoices and supporting documents to be submitted to the Government of Singapore on a quarterly basis (in line with the agreement signed by the Singapore Government);
- Processing of claims (for staff members & event attendees);
- Preparation of the submission and follow up on VAT-refunds;
- Compilation and submission of corporate credit card statements;
- Ensure timely payments of bills.
Provide support in procurement and travel:
- In consultation with the policy specialist, UNDP Malaysia and UNDP BPPS, support to organization of procurement processes (incl. CAP process, preparation of Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Invitations to Bid (ITB) or Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents, preliminary evaluation);
- Screen applications for consultancies and internships; organize panel interviews and prepare interview reports; follow up on documentations;
- Keep track of contracts for consultants and ensure timely payment;
- Coordinate visa application submissions and invitation letters;
- Handle the submissions for work permits / diplomatic IDs;
- Creation of e-requisitions in the corporate financial management system (ATLAS);
- Arrange travel for staff members, secondees and consultants through the UNDP travel agent.
Provide support in human resources:
- Keep comprehensive updated records on staff;
- Assist in following up that all staff complete mandatory courses;
- Assist on various human resources follow-ups with the staff and the unit.
Provide support with office correspondence:
- Manage registry email and incoming phone calls under general office number;
- Track and file incoming and outgoing mail;
- Draft standard correspondence with GCPSE counterparts;
- Support meeting management and logistics;
- Manage front desk welcoming visitors and accepting deliveries during office hours;
- Follow-up with participants, management of RSVPs and registration;
- Events organized in-house: liaise with service providers to ensure smooth execution;
- Events organized outside: assist in quality assurance;
- Support administratively conferences, workshops and retreats.
Support to effective and efficient functioning of the Center:
- Maintain both electronic and hard copy filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Management of the Director’s schedules and appointments, mission approvals, security clearance & claims);
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports for the Center.
Manage the office stationery supplies:
- Support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare relevant reports;
- Provide support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
Implementation of operational strategies:
- Ensure full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies as outlined in the Programme Operations and Policy Procedure (POPP);
- Co-ordinate & arrange yearly security meeting and compile & circulate the meeting minutes (focal point function);
- Ensure full compliance of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in operations or programme support;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Prior work experience in UNDP or the UN is an added advantage.
- Singapore citizens or permanent residents.