Administrative Assistant - Information Systems Assistant
United Nations Secretariat, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Executive Office of the Department of Global Communications. The Executive Office is responsible for all financial, personnel, information technology service and general administrative matters concerning the Department. The incumbent reports to the Executive Officer and/or other Head of Unit based in the Executive Office. This temporary position is available as soon as possible for an initial period of six months, with the possibility of extension.
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new application systems releases, modules and functionalities.
- Develops, tests and implements simple computer application systems and programs using UN established standards for IT technologies, programming languages and tools.
- Serves as team member in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and support of computer application systems; independently liaises with users to define and specify requirements.
- Installs computer application systems software and hardware according to specifications; monitors computer applications systems using appropriate monitoring tools and produces monitoring reports.
- Prepares technical and user documentation for deployed computer application systems, as well as training materials and conducts technical presentations.
- Maintains functional specifications for computer application systems, programs and procedures developed and/or modified.
- Provides support for deployed computer application systems including version management, data recovery and deployment to users’ offices; performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to users requests.
- Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of computer application systems development projects, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference; processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to project implementation, e.g. organization of and participation in training, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
- Supports senior staff in the creation and maintenance of MS365 Products primarily MS Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint TeamSite’s and MS Teams.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field; performs benchmarking and proposes new acquisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must have passed the United Nations GGST at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away.
- 7 years of experience in information systems analysis and programming, systems administration and maintenance, software development, technical writing or related area is required
- A minimum of three years of experience using and supporting MS365 apps (SharePoint Online, MS Teams, OneDrive, Power BI) is required..
- Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Sharepoint design and customization;
- ICT equipment inventory management
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.