Under the guidance and direct supervision of the PCIREP Project Manager, the incumbent performs and may supervise personnel in delivering, technical and administrative support services, covering specialized and non-specialized processes and transactions for discrete work areas in administration and logistics, ensuring efficient, client oriented and effective service delivery. The Administration Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach, ensuring utilization of office resources in a most cost-effective manner.
The Administrative Associate supervises support personnel. He/she together with the team will work in close collaboration with the operations, finance, project managers and project teams to exchange information and ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
Functions/Key Results Expected
- Management Support
- Team Management
- Logistics, Asset Management Services
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Coordinates individual work areas and coaches personnel in execution of standard office transactions, processes and client services for work areas, ensuring full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies and knowledge of the work areas.
- Monitors team performance against service agreements with clients, and client satisfaction
- Implements the control mechanism for designated administrative services, including maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Administers inventory control, supervising proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Reviews travel authorizations, documentation, payments
- May be designated transactional role in OneUNOPS/Enterprise system
- Compiles data and researches information for planning of financial resources/administrative budget for administrative services.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Logistics, Asset Management Services
- Ensures effective and efficient provision of logistics and asset management support services, meeting client needs and in compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies,
- Oversees implementation of logistics system in accordance with UNOPS logistical procedures
- Co-ordinates and supervises processes and services in shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, building/facilities/space management, office supplies.
- Coordinates supply and assets management services and physical verification of inventory items ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports
- Oversees protocol matters, ensuring efficient delivery of client services, including registration of staff and host government authorizations.
- Manages liaison and coordination with local authorities on authorizations/privileges and immunities for UNOPS personnel, office space and other administrative matters.
- Compiles information on administrative services provided for cost-recovery bills.
- May supervise transportation services including client service, regular vehicle maintenance, insurance, and monitoring of consumption.
- Ensures prompt reporting and investigation of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Supervises external contractor for transportation services, including client service and processing of invoices.
Knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Administration Associate directly affects the overall efficiency of the individual team’s provision of administrative services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs of the office/programme. Timely and accountable delivery of services ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Completion of secondary school is required;
Technical Diploma or University degree (or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration or related fields is an asset;
- Six (6)years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations is required;
- Experience in UN system/organizations is desirable.;
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable;
- Fluency in written and oral English is required;
- Knowledge French language is an added advantage;