OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:The key roles of the Clerk will be
- To provide support to MVIP Team members for the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, etc. e.g. photocopying documents, preparing briefing files, and collecting documentation from various sources.
- To type correspondence, format documents, tables and reports from plain and corrected copies, forms, handwritten or rough drafts and printed matter. Reviewing and correcting style, spelling and presentation in line with WHO and departmental styles.
- To maintain correspondence logs, and update manuals, files and simple office records.
- To answer telephone calls, responding to routine queries and/or forwarding such to the appropriate staff members, as necessary.
- Using GSM, to assist with the preparation of travel authorizations, flight and hotel reservations.
- As requested and/or instructed, to obtain documents and information from departmental and cluster staff, and from other clusters, programmes and agencies/institutions, and disseminate such information as required.
- To maintain, in close collaboration with colleagues, a comprehensive filing system for all documents, reports, presentations and other materials related to meetings, seminars and workshops and other areas of work, including related lists to facilitate searches.
- During meeting, workshops, seminars and other, to provide assistance and backup to colleagues in the department/programme.
- To perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing secretarial support to other assistance and backup to colleagues in the department/programme areas of work and teams or the department as necessary.
Achievement Activities Include: Timely and high-quality output and results to support the achievement of the objectives of the unit and of the MVIP, and enable effective program implementation in the region.
- Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent
- Desirable: Diploma in Business Administration/Managementwill be an advantage
- Essential: At least 5 to 7 years of clearical experience in an administrative/office environment
- Desirable: Experience with international or multinational organizations will be an advantage.
The incumbent maintains and updates knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO.