Administrative & Finance Assistant
World Food Program, Haiti
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting against hunger in the world. WFP works for a world where every man, woman and child has constant access to enough food to lead a healthy and active life.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Extract and enter information from various sources in accounting and financial systems
- Respond to questions related to accounting, budget or other financial related matters referring to employees of the unit and / or office
- Prepare petty cash reconciliation / bailout and perform general ledger account analysis
- Take actions in the following areas: general financial information, travel and payments;
- Check payment requests made by suppliers against WFP financial guidelines and rules; verify documents to ensure purchases / services are duly authorized, and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely registration and follow-up of supplier invoices in the Program information systems;
- Prepare the necessary receipt and journal vouchers;
- Prepare routine correspondence related to the work unit and other documents such as correspondence, reports etc;
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and other reports as required;
- Control and keep attendance records, leave reports, daily subsistence allowance and forms and reports;
- Control and maintain personnel files; ensure that all documentation is complete;
- Maintain confidential personal information and ensure the classification of these documents;
- Search, extract, compile, assemble and archive a series of statistical data from computer files, records, reports or other sources for external use;
- Organize briefings, meetings, take notes during meetings and write the minutes;
- Make travel arrangements in accordance with administrative regulations and procedures:
- Supervise drivers and light vehicles for sub-office activities;
- Set up a filing system;
- Perform administrative tasks relating to the tracking and recording of fixed assets and expenses for fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, in order to ensure that the databases are correctly updated in the GlobManagement System ( GEMS).
- Perform other related tasks as required
Key success factors:
- High sense of responsibility, Courtesy. Ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Completion of secondary education. A post-secondary certificate in the relevant functional area is desirable.
- Two years of professional experience in the field
- Perfect command of French, knowledge of English
NB: The contact details of the persons / institution referred to in the CV must contain a valid email address and telephone number.
- Applicants must be of Haitian nationality