Administrative/ Finance Associate
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
This position is located in FAO Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, the he incumbent will report to Deputy Chief of Party, THAzA Project and will work and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration).
- Sound understanding about compliance with USAID financial rules;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management tools and reporting formats for USAID;
- Working experience with USAID funded projects;
- Working knowledge of inventory management, reconciliation, advance extension and reconciliation etc;
- Knowledge of office administration;
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the THAzA office in all administrative, organizational and financial matters
- Ensure proper financial policies, procedures, and systems are operated and maintained.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are compliant with local laws, donor regulations, and internal policies.
- Responsible field office advance settlement tracking
- Ensure that the program expenditure is within the available fund, annual budget and work plan.
- Ensure that all financial records are properly kept.
- Process and follow up all payments including obtaining expenditure approval, effecting payments,
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system for financial and administrative documents.
- Prepare monthly budget forecast and advance request for project activities
- Assist management in preparation of annual budgets.
- Advise and assist international and national consultants/other staff on all aspects of allowances, security clearances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Manage travel related documentation including security clearances, reservations etc and compliance with FAO regulations;
- Coordinate DSA and other workshop/training related payments.
- Review and send accurate timely monthly financial reports and copy of financial documents to HQ.
- Monitors cash flow and expenditure against budget and advice the Team Leader on possible corrective action, ensure well-functioning of office equipment and facilities, arrange and coordinate with the logistics officer for repair and maintenance as required.
- Provide support to the office in all other financial matters.
- Coordinate any events, meetings and occasions held by the program,
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance;
- At least 5 years of professional experience, in related field including both finance and administration;
- Knowledge of regional languages, an advantage;
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
- Spreadsheet and databases computer software, and an ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams is essential.
- Sound knowledge of USAID rules and regulation.
- Experienced in Oracle financials, Microsoft Office Professional including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills;
- Prior working experience with UN and USAID’s project will have an added advantage.