Administrative & Finance Specialist
UN Children's Fund, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
For every child, dedication
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Operations in a large size country office, the incumbent is accountable for provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for the achievement of effective administrative service and financial management and staff capacity development for the efficient administrative/financial operations in support of the Office and country programmes. Ensures the office's administrative/financial operations and services are effectively in compliance with the organization's Financial & administrative policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
How can you make a difference?
- Approve all administration and financial operational transactions through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations, (e.g., bank accounts, disbursements within authorized limits, contractual agreements, purchase of supplies and equipment).
- Safeguard the financial resources entrusted to the office by monitoring compliance with all operational systems and procedures. Establishes relevant internal controls. Ensures accuracy, promptness and appropriateness of information and reports to Chief of Operations and HQs.
- Provide oversight of Harmonized Assistance to Cash Transfers (HACT) assurance activities, including monitoring the implementation of Micro-Assessments and management of 3rd party contracts. Provide advice and guidance to the HACT Committee, as an when needed, on issues related to HACT.
- Advises and recommends to the Chief of Operations when deviation from rules and regulations may be required and proposes alternative solutions to meet office objectives. In addition, incumbent is expected to identify, assess and manage risks related to Admin and Finance and ensure mitigation measures are in place.
- Playing a significant role in influencing the preferred type of intervention in line with partners’ capacity and related risks, managing HACT spot checks and audits and facilitating / coordinating capacity-building activities to improve the performance of partners
- Act as the super user for VISION implementation providing expert advice to generate tailored reports to enhance the informed decision making capability by the senior management.
- Maintain government counterpart relations; resolve issues pertaining to conditions of service, operational facilities and privileges within the context of the Basic Cooperation Agreement (e.g. customs, visas, protocol, security, accommodations, privileges and immunities), ensure adherence to financial regulations and rules pertaining to Direct Cash Transfers to Government/NGOs
- Analyzes needs, develops and implements a plan for office acquisition and maintenance of Property, Plant & Equipment and consumable items (administrative and/or programme supplies), ensuring that procurement is made according to organization's rules, regulations and procedures.
- Monitors operations budget in close coordination with the Chief of Operations, to ensure smooth operation of the country office and field offices. Recommends and prepares estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists sub-offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services. Prepares monitors and controls the administrative budget.
- Undertakes regular visits to the sub-offices to resolve difficult problems pertaining of Administration and Finance, supports major activities (budget preparation), establish and/or conducts monitoring and evaluation of systems and procedures and adherence to rules and regulations, and training and guidance.
- Perform staff development functions, including training, supportive supervision and other related measures for effective utilization of all Admin and Finance Staff including Sub-Offices.
- Keeps the supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, and identifies and recommends solutions. Prepares reports and correspondence on administrative and financial matters.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management or any other relevant field of discipline.
- Five years at least of relevant professional office management, finance, accounting, and administration is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management is required.
- Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.