The United Nations agency UN Women, based on the vision of equality enshrined in the United Nations Charter, works to eliminate discrimination against women and girls; for the empowerment of women, and to achieve equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, for human rights, in humanitarian actions, and in peace and security. By placing women's rights at the core of its work, UN Women will lead and coordinate the efforts of the United Nations System to ensure that commitments to gender equality and mainstreaming are translated into action around the world. At the same time, it will exercise substantive and coherent leadership to support the priorities and efforts of the Member States,
The six priority areas are:
- Strengthen and implement a dynamic and comprehensive set of global norms, policies and standards on gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls.
- Increase the leadership, benefits and participation of women in governance systems.
- To ensure that women have income security, access decent jobs and have more economic autonomy.
- To ensure that all women and girls live a life free from all forms of violence.
- Ensure a greater participation and contribution of women and girls in the sustainable construction of peace and resilience processes, and ensure that they benefit from actions for the prevention of natural disasters and conflicts, and from humanitarian action.
- Two international agreements form the basis of the work of UN WOMEN: the Beijing Platform for Action, resulting from the Fourth World Conference on Women held in 1995, and the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women, considered as the fundamental Declaration of the Rights of Women. The spirit of these agreements was reaffirmed in the Millennium Declaration and in the eight Millennium Development Goals established for 2015.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general supervision of the Gender Specialist Advisor and the direct guidance of the Administrative-Financial Associate of the UN Women Office in Honduras, the Administrative-Financial Assistant will have the following functions:
Administrative and logistical activities:
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance to the office and its projects, applying the instruments and administrative mechanisms of UN Women, maintaining fluid communication with the Associate of Program and Operations Management of Honduras and the administrative points of the Regional Office in Panama with whom submit the local administrative processes;
- Carry out the processes for the acquisition of goods and / or services under USD 5,000, within the framework of the applicable policies and procedures;
- Take steps to collect information and documents, with suppliers of goods and / or services, for the creation of their profiles (vendors) in the financial system of UN Women;
- Submit payment requests for the different processes for the purchase of goods and / or services, contracted consultancies, as well as advances of funds and their settlements, duly approved according to the delegation of authority for each project;
- Provide assistance to national and international missions, in: purchase of air tickets, requests for security authorization, requests for travel expenses, hotel reservations and the respective settlements;
- Provide logistical assistance both in internal meetings of the UN Women office and in the holding of seminars, workshops and trainings related to the portfolio of UN Women projects;
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic file of the office and its projects;
- Support in the management and control of furniture and equipment inventories.
- Support with the control of absences of office personnel
- Any other activity inherent to the position.
Support activities for financial administration:
- Management of the ATLAS Financial system or the one that the organization uses in the registration of requisitions of goods and / or services, receipts of purchase orders, preparation of payment vouchers, and monitoring of vendor approvals;
- Provide assistance to the review of settlement / accountability documents on Cooperation Agreements related to Projects (PAs), in accordance with the contractual clauses established therein, and within the framework of the project documents approved for such purposes;
- Accompany, when required, field missions for on-site reviews of accountability by groups and / or organizations acting as responsible parties to UN Women projects on the ground;
- Provide assistance in controlling expenses and petty cash settlements;
Activities to support the visibility of UN Women:
In coordination with the communications focal point of the regional office, in such a way that the standards of image and brand management of UN Women are met, and under the coordination of the Gender Advisor:
- Support the preparation of press releases in the framework of local UN Women events;
- Support the preparation of news stories that collect the main results of strategic public activities of UN Women;
- Support the follow-up of the social networks managed by the United Nations System in Honduras, to post notes related to the strategic actions of UN Women, through the support of the focal points of communications at the interagency level.
Integrity: Demonstrates coherence between the defense and promotion of UN Women's values and makes decisions in accordance with the UN Code of Conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and knowledge in relevant areas of work.
Ethics and Values: Demonstrates and defends ethics and integrity.
Able to join a work team, taking responsibility for their contributions to achieve results.
- Contribute to the exchange of information and contribute ideas.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain effective relationships with clients.
- Anticipates possible limitations in the execution of activities and identifies solutions or alternatives.
- Ability to manage and execute financial processes and transactions.
- It promotes accountability and Results-Based Management.
- Ensures compliance with organizational norms and standards for auditing, monitoring and evaluation, and results-based management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different hierarchical levels, nationalities and cultures, high confidentiality and responsibility.
- Ability in oral and written expression;
- Planification and organization;
- Technological knowledge;
- Commitment to learning.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University professional in the administrative, financial, logistics or related areas.
- Five (5) years of experience in administrative positions;
- At least three (3) years of experience in development offices or projects with international financing;
- Management of accounting computer tools - financial
- Work experience with the ATLAS system will be valued;
- Work experience oriented to customer service.
- Having worked with agencies of the United Nations System will be considered an advantage.
Experience in communication activities:
- management of corporate social networks, communications, activity notes for news, etc. It will be considered an advantage;.