In Thailand, Handicap International, now operating under the name of Humanity & Inclusion (HI) started working in 1984 and first focused its actions on the delivery of mobility and assistive devices to Burmese landmine/ERW victims as a response to the influx from Myanmar. HI currently implements activities for Burmese refugees along the Thailand/Myanmar border under three thematic areas: Rehabilitation and Disability and Social Inclusion (DSI) including inclusive early child development (Growing Together), and Mine Risk Education (MRE). As from 2016, Thailand projects are framed in the Myanmar and Thailand program.
- HI carries out activities in Thailand around 3 pillars:
- 1/ Armed Violence Reduction (AVR) including Mine Risk Education,
- 2/ Inclusion with Disability Social Inclusion (DSI) and inclusive Early Child Development,
- 3/ Health and Rehabilitation with project covering physical rehabilitation.
Main Internal Linkage:
- Country Manager, Admin/HR assistants, project and support services Managers, SSC, all HI employees
Main External Linkage:
- National and Local authorities, CCSDPT administrator, HR/Admin managers from other NGOs.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
The Admin/HR Manager is in charge of the overall management of HI Human Resources department (national and international staff) as well as the supervision of the administrative department. S/he ensures the development and the implementation of HR policies and procedures within the program. S/he is responsible for monitoring daily operations of all administrative and HR matters.
Administrative & Human Resources (HR) Manager.
- articipate to the development of the HR strategy, translate it into appropriate policies and procedures and ensure their implementation.
- To implement the HR strategy of the programme.
Benchmarks: HR policies and procedures are developed and implemented, internal HR trainings are organized, policies are up-to-date and compliant with the national legislation and HI regulations.
- Prepare, in consultation with the SSC and Country Manager (CM), the annual HR Action Plan to support the overall HR strategic aims and objectives of HI Thailand.
- Develop/update HR policies and procedures as defined in the annual HR Action Plan.
- Implement and maintain HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of HI staff.
- Ensure HI policies and procedures are comprehensive, up-to-date and in compliance with Thailand legislation.
- Ensure institutional/ safeguarding policies are strictly applied on the programme and regularly revised in compliance with HI regulations and donors’ requirements.
- Communicate to CM and SSC any change of the national legislation that could have an impact the annual HR budget and/or to HR workload/organization.
- Work closely with managers, providing them with training (including refresher training), coaching and support on the full range of HR activities in order to ensure that they have a fair and consistent approach to staff management.
- Ensure that HI policies are translated from English to other languages (Thai, Karen and Burmese) and from Thai to other languages (English, Karen and Burmese).
- Ensure that all relevant HR documentation is accessible to HI staff.
Qualification Required: Thai citizen
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in administration or business management specialized in HR management.**
At least 1 proven past or current experience in a similar position with an international organization.
Familiarity with the temporary shelters along the Thai-Myanmar border.
Technical Skills & Cross Cutting Skills:
- Fluent English writing and speaking is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of Thai Labour Law, Thai Social Security Fund.
- Proficient in MS office package.
- Excellent organizational skills (capacity to prioritize)
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills.
- Proven managerial skills.
Expert in English and Thai language.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural team.
- Sense of humour.
- Practical and problem-solver.
- Ability to work well under pressur