If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the close supervision of theOperations Manager(MENARO Gaziantep) assists in the management of all operational and administrative services including HR, Logistics/ Supplies, Admin and Finance.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Responsible for the systematic review of office premises to ensure a good and secure working environment for all staff members. Undertakes all actions necessary to arrange cleaning services, ensures procurement, maintenance and repair of equipment and supplies, in accordance with budgetary plans and allocation.
- Supervises transport services, by ensuring a schedule for use of vehicles, reviews reports on use of petrol, mileage, driver overtime records, and maintenance services.
- Undertakes all administrative arrangements for meetings, workshops, seminars and visitors by coordinating transportation, hotel accommodations, conference room reservations and audio-visual equipment, as required.
- Reviews all travel requests for budgetary provisions, undertakes travel arrangements, (i.e., tickets, visas, hotels, per diem). Issues travel authorizations confirming accuracy of information for signature of supervisor. Briefs staff on all policies and procedures covering official travel.
- Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements, (i.e., shipment and insurance of personal effects, liability claims, as well as in identification, arrangement and selection of staff housing).
- Supervises the timely and organized delivery, collection, registry, reproduction and transmittal (UNET, telex, fax, courier) of correspondence, documents, pouch services and administrative supplies.
- Reviews telecommunications systems periodically to evaluate and recommend the need to update such systems, based on the latest technology. Arranges training on the telecommunications systems for all users.
- Recommends and prepares estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists sub-offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services.
- Ensures the safekeeping, annual physical inventory, prepares reports, including cost analysis and recommends replacement/disposal of equipment and supplies. Reconciles physical inventory data with office records to ensure inventory taken is complete, and identifies discrepancies for corrective action. Prepares annual reports on subjects to HQs.
- Keeps the supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, and identifies and recommends solutions. Prepares reports and correspondence on administrative matters.
- Controls petty cash fund, disbursements, recording and accounting.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Education: University degree in Business Administration.
Experience: One year of practical professional work experience in the field of general office administration, especially in the areas of transportation management, travel, customs and protocol arrangements. Experience in an international organization is desirable.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Turkish required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Applicants must submit an application letter with a completed UN Personal History Form available in UNICEF's website, and a curriculum vitae by12March 2017. Only qualified applicants will be short-listed and notified further screening and interview.