FHI 360, Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing and coordinating office operations, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities at the Country Office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the office (as relevant).
- Keeps proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Records minutes of meetings and circulates same.
- Supports Travels Manager to coordinate travel details/logistics for staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups. Reconciles records with service providers, prepares periodic reports and payment requests. Supports in vehicle management, fueling and maintenance.
- Supports Facilities Manager to coordinate office cleaning, stores and inventory management, supervises third party service providers such as cleaning, courier, cantering vendors, generator maintenance and operations etc
- Supervises administrative assistants, orderlies and drivers.
- Assists the Travels Manager in the provision of logistics support for workshops and trainings.
- Coordinates all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree with minimum of 3-5 years experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is required
- Experience with large complex organization preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.