European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The Administrative Officer has some or all of the following accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage internal/external correspondence/requests including drafting responses for review, forwarding for action within the team and interfacing with other departments to ensure that follow-up action is taken – HQ only or where applicable
- Act as IT Coordinator (ITC) and Human Resources Departmental Coordinator
- Coordinate all required facilities, catering and technical assistance for internal/external meetings/training sessions, including venue sourcing, as well as billing arrangements.
- Identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and outputs to ensure they are kept up to date and fit for purpose.
- Arrange all elements of travel according to EBRD policy including arranging visas, accommodation, ordering currency and preparing itineraries as well as claiming expenses.
- Diary management – arranging internal and external meetings, conference calls and responding to meeting requests on behalf of the team and/or line manager
- Under the guidance of the Head of Office, coordinate the exchange of information with the UN regarding security clearance, update of the safety related documents: Emergency cascade, BCM (Business continuation management plan).
- Manage diary of Head of Office and do first screening of incoming telephone calls
- Proactively manage and monitor the budget and review all charges to the team’s budget, either as Budget Officer or Alternate Budget Officer, to ensure the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with the Bank’s procedures HQ only or where applicable in RO
- Undertake internet-based research on ad-hoc topics to provide Head of Office with background material for conferences, meetings etc.
- Assist with the production of reports and presentation material, undertaking secondary proof-reading and editorial work
- Provide support to Head of Office by drafting internal briefing notes, power point presentations etc.
- A degree and administrative experience
- A recognised secretarial or business qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English and Turkish, with excellent written and oral communication skills in both
- An effective and well-developed network of contacts with the Turkish Bureaucracy, preferably gained in an international organisation or embassy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, relevant experience in a similar role
- Good level of numeracy and strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and to prioritise and schedule tasks taking into account strict deadlines
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Can do attitude linked with ability to work efficiently as part of a team and with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven skills to draft business correspondence and documents, summarise information in written narratives and presentations including textual, numeric and graphic/charts parts
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential