The position is the custodian of the grand vision of the scaling up of Cash-based transfer programming. Responsible for maximizing the value brought by the IT digital solution by understanding business and end-user requirements and prioritizing the work to be done. The position aims for an IT digital solution which achieves the highest quality in terms of technical usability, user acceptability, and domain suitability.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1/2
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Plan and coordinate the yearly physical inventory, oversight of the physical count process and reconcile the data after the physical Count;
- Plan and coordinate the disposal of the asset in junction with the GAS HQ team and UNHCR
- Responsible for facilitating short term visa needs for incoming staff, interns, consultants, and other short-term visitors.
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel & Protocol management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Responsible for negotiating and re-assessing UN privileges with Government Ministries, local authorities for optimal terms.
- Analyze asset data and make data-driven decisions throughout the different phases of the asset lifecycle to improve the management of assets in all offices:
- Oversee the Asset Management Processes making sure the utilization is within corporate rules and regulations. Enhance the knowledge on our corporate GEMS Global Equipment Management System by providing on the job training to the CO and Field Staff;
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2/2
- Management of official travel – local and international – through coordination and negotiations with travel agency and airlines, management of Shipments, Travel Authorizations and other related documentation ensuring conformance to staff entitlements.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, validity, and conformity with WFP rules prior to approval and certification;
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Preparation of Duty Exemption Certificates for personal and household effects of arriving and departing staff and arranging clearance through Ministry of External Affairs, close co-ordination with the staff members and the clearing agent ensuring handing over of respective completed documents for timely clearance.
- Guide and advice staff in both Country/Area/Field offices, and coordinateall travel related matters within the Mission and lead de-centralization of asset management
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Good working knowledge with the complete Microsoft Office suite, proficient in MS Excel. Ability to analyze, interpret and identify process improvements
- Experience building and maintaining good working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to conduct training and capacity building
- Extensive experience in BOS and the innovation to become greener and environmental conscious systems.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Business Support Services & Reporting Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
- Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
- Resource Management for Administration and Engineering Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
- Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
- Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Business Administration/Public Administration, Logistics or other relevant field relating to Administration.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in administration, finance/accounting, travel and protocal or related field is required
Language: Fluency in oral and written english