CARE Canada’s International Operations and Programs (IOPs) Unit is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s programs in over thirty countries, in both development and humanitarian assistance focusing on the injustice of poverty and gender equality. The Unit is looking for a qualified Administration Officer with prior experience in administration to provide support needed for the team. CARE Canada is managing operations in 6 countries and is implementing Humanitarian and Development programs primarily in Africa, as well as, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East. Reporting to the Vice-President of International Operations and Programs, the Administrative Officer will provide overall support and coordination to the administrative elements including but not limited to the following:
- General administrative support, workshops and events organization, Consultant contracting and travel administration for the staff, interns and volunteers.
- Provides coordination and administrative support to the VP and the unit members to ensure systems and processes are followed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and oversee suppliers and service providers.
- Supports and provides back-up for the overall administration support at CARE Canada's headquarters in Ottawa.
What you offer:
- You have a suitable combination of education and experience in business administration
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- You have a capacity to work collaboratively and in a team
- You have a cultural awareness and sensitivity
- You are competent in computer-based tools and software and willing to learn new business methodologies and tools
- You are innovative, creative and have a passion for CARE’s mission
- What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- You have a working knowledge of French and Spanish;
- You have a relevant education such Office/ Business Administration;
- You have previous volunteer or work experience in an international NGO or non for profit organisation;
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- Free parking; central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities;
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.