The UNDP office in Zambia manages several common UN budgets, including the Common Premises as one of the largest and more complex to administer. It is with this background that a qualified, experienced and self-motivated Administrative & Finance Associate is being sought for recruitment.
The Administrative & Finance Associate works under the overall guidance and supervision of the chair of the Common Premises Management Team (CPMT) and the UNDP Operations Manager, assisting in the overall management of administrative and finance services required by the Common Premises Unit (CPU) to implement the effective delivery of the annual work plans of the Common Premises Management Team (CPMT) by efficiently managing the administrative aspects of the CPU annual work plans implementation and transparent budget management, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Finance and Administrative Associate administers and executes processes and transactions following UNDP financial rules and regulations (FRR) ensuring high quality and accuracy of work promoting a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative and Finance Associate needs to play a focal role across UN agencies in Zambia within the DAO principles and works in close collaboration with the other staff of the CPU and the administrative and finance staff of other UN participating agencies to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery. She/he will be liasing with UNDSS on various security related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administration of budgets and cost-recovery system.
- Accounting and efficient administrative support.
- Support to supply and assets management.
- Support to administrative and financial control.
- Support to common services.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow-up; implementation of the effective internal control framework;
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans;
- Provision of inputs for implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultation with the CPMT.
Ensures efficient administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of list of supplies needed for the common services and maintenance of the premises;
- Coordination of travel arrangements;
- Support and participation into procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation within given thresholds;
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats for common UN activities;
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, surveys for organization of common services;
- Support with cafeteria issues (in coordination with staff association), coordination with local authority on office space and other administrative matters;
- Supervision of cleaning and gardening services;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts and reports.
Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of assets management in the Country Office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
Provides support for effective administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary;
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds activities;
- Provision of the information for audit.
Ensures proper common services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of common services/office space management to ensure integral activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform;
- Ensuring proper cost recovery of registry functions;
- Ensuring cost recovery of the car pool system;
- Ensuring cost recovery of the UN Clinic;
- Ensuring cost recovery of the common security;
- Ensuring cost recovery of any other UN joint operational activity.
Supports Knowledge Building and Knowledge sharing in the country office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery: Ability to get things done
- Gender: Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Accountability: Ability to account for resources placed under one’s care and responsibility
- Creative Problem Solving: Being able to solve problems leading to team cohesion and optimization of performance
- Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to effectively engage stakeholders
- Professionalism: Ability to focus on professional ethics and integrity
- Knowledge Management: Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Leading by Example: Walking the talk and using the power of influence to effect positive change
- Respect for Diversity: Observes diversity in racial, tribal, religious and sexual orientation
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, ACCA or Finance and Accounting desirable and an advantage, but it is not a requirement.
- Five (5) to Six (6) years of relevant progressively responsible experience in administration, finance or programme support services.
- UN experience an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (ERP), MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: English