Administrator - Knowledge Stewardship
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Asia P3 Hub Administrator - Knowledge Stewardship contributes to the operation of the Asia P3 Hub by being the primary point of contact for 1) knowledge management and gathering, sharing, monitoring of Hub activities, and Hub financial reporting.
- This includes the dissemination of Hub stories and experiences, project outcomes, lessons learned and good practices to World Vision, Hub partners, and key stakeholders; and 2) financial reporting and liaising with the South Asia and Pacific Region finance team.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive knowledge management strategy.
- Identify and oversee the implementation of innovative approaches to disseminate information and learning to project partners, and internal & external stakeholders.
- Serve as the financial focal point for the South Asia and Pacific Regional finance team, and coordinates with them for grant-compliant reporting.
- Monitor the Hub budget and prepares monthly financial statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provide financial reviews as requested with the Hub team by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
Knowledge management & stewardship
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive knowledge stewardship strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of innovative approaches to disseminate information and share learnings to project partners, and internal & external stakeholders.
- Lead the design of a Hub process and outcomes repository to allow efficient retrieval of information in response to requests from internal and external stakeholders.
Financial operations and reporting
- Ensure the Hub functions within appropriate WV and Hub Ways of Working reporting standards and financial protocols, and monitoring reports.
- Prepare regular statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends, and developing forecasts when necessary.
- Respond to financial inquiries and provide advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Liaise with the South Asia and Pacific region finance team for smooth, two way communication, and financial (including grant) reporting and compliance.
- Support execution and implementation of Hub activities and projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, business administration, or other relevant degree in quantitative analysis
- Significant experience in knowledge management principles, project & programme design
- Detail oriented; strong analytical and organizational skills to systematically manage tasks
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs and bookkeeping procedures; ability to use MS Word and Excel
- Excellent client/stakeholder coordination and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, electronic communications and social media skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in finance/accounting, knowledge management, social business, innovation/incubation lab or other related field
- Monitoring project progress, investigating variances, managing expenses
- Proven analytical thinking - analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions
- Proven ability to organize and make things happen; is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing"; commits to organizational goals
- Experience in establishing effective partnerships within and outside an organisation
- Knowledge of MS Access and other online collaboration and meeting software
- Experience championing organisation-wide knowledge sharing so that know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- 5 years’ experience working for an international organisation or incubator/innovation lab environment
- Experience communicating with senior executives
- Experience in multi-cultural environment, accommodating for multiple time zones
- Experience with several methods of both qualitative and quantitative research
- The position may require ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Unique social incubation/innovation lab work environment – open, dynamic, diverse, experimental, creative.
- Un-common office hours might be applied to facilitate coordination with different countries/partners in different time zones.
- High level need of virtual engagement, facilitation, coordination with team and offices in varied geographical areas.
- Be willing to think and act differently and intentionally: a portfolio-based approach (vs. a project approach) which requires some risk taking and willingness to try new ways of doing things.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/singapore/knowledge-management/administrator-knowledge-stewardship-asia-p3-hub/5070