The United States–India Educational Foundation (USIEF), established in 1950, promotes educational exchange between the U.S. and India. USIEF activities are described on www.usief.org.in. USIEF seeks result-oriented candidates with professional experience and a desire to excel in the following position:
Adviser, EducationUSA (Hyderabad)
Basic Functions of the Position:
The incumbent reports to the Regional Officer. S/He provides accurate, comprehensive and impartial advice on educational opportunities in the U.S. S/He guides students as they research appropriate programs, prepare for standardized tests such as TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, and GRE, identify possible financial aid, and prepare for student visa and departure to the U.S.
The Adviser assists in organizing educational advising programs and special events, makes presentations on U.S. higher education and related topics and contributes to the monthly statistics and reports. The Adviser also serves as a liaison with representatives of U.S. and Indian higher education institutions and high schools. The position is full time (40 hours per week). Extensive travel is required.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Advising: Advise students, scholars and professionals seeking to study in the U.S. about all aspects of the U.S. college/university admission process, including information on U.S. admissions tests, financial aid, student visas and arrival in the U.S. Information should be provided in-person, via e-mail, telephone and internet-based tools. This will be through in-depth one-on-one advising, group advising sessions and webinars.
- Outreach: Implement an agreed number of educational advising programs aimed at raising awareness about U.S. higher education across his or her region. Programs will be determined by the needs of the target audience and will include participation in education/career fairs, seminars, book fairs, workshops and talks at high schools, colleges/universities and other relevant public forums. This would also include support to visiting U.S. institutions for their programs at the EducationUSA Center and at high schools/colleges in the region.
- Networking: Develop and maintain contacts at U.S. universities and colleges, and also at high schools and colleges for the purpose of coordinating outreach activities.
- Test Preparation and Administration: Assist in the administration – proctoring, checking student credentials, ensuring test center validity and allied responsibilities as per the College Board/Educational Testing Services’ guidelines -- of the relevant standardized test being administered at the EducationUSA Center.
- Research: To maintain and update his or her own knowledge of the higher education scenario in the United States and in India. Prepare reports and presentations, as required. Support the Senior Adviser, EducationUSA in developing new advising materials on U.S. education. Also serve as a resource on the Indian educational system to U.S. universities and colleges.
- Administrative tasks: Coordinate logistical issues related to events. For example, venue arrangements, display materials for education fairs, and generating participants for advising sessions and outreach activities.
- Training: Participate and learn from relevant training opportunities provided.
- Information Desk: Manage the information desk/front desk and handle routine tasks on a rotational basis.
- Special Events: Coordinate special events such as educational fairs and international education week programs.
- Library: Survey the market to locate new books and software resources to augment the EducationUSA library.
- Reports: Contribute to the compilation ofdatabase and monthly reports.
- Any other work assigned by the Management.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline; strong preference for a U.S. University degree.
Experience: Minimum two years of relevant work experience. Work experience in the education sector, teaching and/or advising students on college admissions will be an added advantage.
Knowledge: Higher educational systems of U.S. and India and opportunities for international students in the U.S.
- High level oral and written English communication; Knowledge of U.S. higher education system
- Excellent public speaking skills; Advising Skills
- Customer Focus
- Self driven with strong networking and liaising Skills
- Ability to engage with students; Commitment to cross-cultural exchange
- Experience in organizing conferences or similar events
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- multitasking, creativity and problem solving skills are assets
- Fluency in MS Office – Outlook, word, excel, power-point and other presentation tools
- database management
- adept in Internet based tools and use of social media
Compensation: Annual salary 7.34 lakh plus benefits of approx. 2.5 lakh.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should complete the USIEF EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (downloadable from http://www.usief.org.in/uploadip/usief_employment_application_form.doc)
and e-mail as word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with detailed CV and a Cover letter explaining how you meet the competency criteria or send a printed copy of these documents to:
United States-India Educational Foundation
12 Hailey Road
New Delhi – 110001
The last date for receiving the completed application forms for the position is May 17, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Queries regarding application status will not be entertained.
Only applications completed on the USIEF Employment Application Form along with detailed CV and Cover letter will be considered.